Music Man Modern Classics
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Game Changer official dead?

Is the Game Changer official dead?

I see that the Game Changer Guitar and Bass are no longer on the website. Does that mean the Game Changer official dead? Will there be any support?

Unfortunately the Game Changer was discontinued for 2018. It sucks too because I was planning on buying another one this year. I was planning on doing 3 purchases this year. Another Game Changer, A JP 6 in mystic dream w/ piezo and a Stingray 4H black with maple neck and fretboard. All 3 are now no longer available at all or available in how I wanted them. The JP 6 now comes with black hardware and the Stingray no longer comes with a standard maple neck and fretboard. An then the prices drastically increased this year on everything so as much as I hate buying used, that will be my only option for these 3 instruments.
    Stingray Classic 4H D.O.B. 07/09/10 Breast Cancer Awareness Bass Shell Pink
    Bongo 4H D.O.B. 12/28/10 Black Sugar BFR Roasted Neck
    Bongo 4H D.O.B. 03/26/14 Candy Apple Red All Rosewood Neck
    Stingray 5H D.O.B. 06/25/13 Black
    30th Anniversary Stingray 5H D.O.B. 02/28/17 Transparent Buttercream
    Bongo 5HH D.O.B. 03/16/17 Barolo Metallic Purple w/ Roasted Maple Neck
    ALL INSTRUMENTS NOW FOR SALE

Blog Entries
    very interesting Jay cant wait for you to open your store. You just might see things from a different light.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

Is EB MM not going to fill us in on the future support for Game Changers Guitars? Are we just left in the wind? Did I spend 7K on three wooden boat anchors?

Truly disappointing the the the Game Changer guitars has been discontinued and EB MM is not telling us the fate of the editing application and or the ability to use the web based editor. It seems that in the next year or two we will not be able to edit pickup configuration and the purchase of a Game Changer Guitar will look like a bad choice. EB MM Please tell me/us what we have to look forward to.

Have you tried calling or email the customer support folks? That's the best way to get an answer.

Love the GC and a big EBMM fan, but owners shouldn’t have to contact them to find out if their product that requires support to function as designed will continue to be supported. Not saying anything about future support suggests no future support, and I would be very disappointed if that were true. Kind of dropping the ball here, in my opinion.

I’m fairly certain that most, if not all, GC owners would not have purchased the guitar had it not been for the advertised switching system and assumed perpetual support. Count me in that group.

EBMM should address this question for owners.
    I believe every guitar player inherently has something unique about their playing. They just have to identify what makes them different and develop it. EVH

'14 GC HSHP
    '14 ASS Semi HHP - Black Cherry Burst
    '14 ASS Semi MM90 - Honey Burst
    '16 Axis - Trans Gold Quilt

Mesa Boogie Mark V 25
    Suhr Corso
    Black Star HT-1
    Bad Cat 2x12

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoonc View Post
    Kind of dropping the ball here, in my opinion.
    heh dropping the... BALL... here. Anyone? Nice pun.
    EBMM Stingray 4 HH Stealth Pearl
    EBMM Bongo 5 HH Stealth Black
    SBMM SUB 4
    Oscar Schmidt Acoustic

Ampeg B2RE
    GK NEO 4x10 and 1x15

For the last time EB MM. What is going to happen with the ability to keep Game Changer ability to edit the pickup combinations through the software?

Quote Originally Posted by Oyster38 View Post
    For the last time EB MM. What is going to happen with the ability to keep Game Changer ability to edit the pickup combinations through the software?
    Hey, lighten up a bit. Maybe because the decision was made to discontinue the Game Changer this year, they are still discussing what to do internally and aren’t able to answer you yet. Have you also tried calling customer service? I’m bummed too that the Game Changer was discontinued but I also understand sometimes a business needs to make decisions to cut things not making enough profit and concentrate on the things that are.

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg View Post
    Hey, lighten up a bit. Maybe because the decision was made to discontinue the Game Changer this year, they are still discussing what to do internally and aren’t able to answer you yet. Have you also tried calling customer service? I’m bummed too that the Game Changer was discontinued but I also understand sometimes a business needs to make decisions to cut things not making enough profit and concentrate on the things that are.
    I do not mean to seem heavy but the lack of response for EB MM is frustrating and it does seem like they monitor the site so that means they are choosing to leave me/us in the dark. Ending production of the Game Changer guitars is their right. That means no new guitars get built. But I fear not having the software support going forward. I fear in the near future we will not be able to experiment with the pickup changing ability of the guitar which is the WHOLE reason the buy the guitar. They have abandoned the iphone/ipad app. We have lost that functionality. The have abandoned all internet browsers expect one. It seems slow and fickle. How long before they abandoned Chrome. It looks to me that within the year or so that the guitar with not be able to be reprogramed. What will I/we do then? I wonder if they actually considered this before they started selling the guitar. I do feel like I may have just wasted six thousands plus dollars. And I do feel like that is something to get worked up about. And agin their lack of response is frustrating to someone who owns three Game Changers and other MM guitars. I think I/we deserve better that the mushroom treatment.

I understand your frustration and am wondering about the same thing as well. While I can’t speak for Music Man, the Guitar should always have the factory default settings on it. So with the app, they can’t just leave it status the same and people use everything that is currently available to this point?

Does your guitar work now? Good. You're demanding answers for something that may or may not be an issue down the road, but isn't currently.

I'm guessing JayDawg is right, and they're working out a strategy. But I certainly wouldn't expect them to support all browsers into the future. Many of the web apps I use on a regular basis don't support the latest web browsers. Ask the banking folks what browsers the commercial banking apps run on ... the ones I use only support IE and don't work in Chrome or FF.

So, please just relax and enjoy your instrument. I'm sure there will be an answer at some point. But, if you're really desperate for one now, you're best to actually contact them directly.

Hopefully things continue to work work with the chrome browser. If it eventually breaks, maybe they can open source the code so the user community will be able to support it

The web app functions and the instruments have full capabilities right now.

In the event that the web app ceases to function the instruments still function independent of the web app (you are able to program any of the 20+ pickup settings to any position on the switches). With that said, we will do our best to continue to support the web app and all of the abilities of the game changer.
    "Hello! This is A.J.! How can I help you?"

If you have any questions or concerns please email me: aj@ernieball.com

PMs and messages written on my wall are not addressed as quickly as emails.

If you want to know when your instrument was completed please post in one of the serial number threads.