The Vault

Thread: Game Changer Desktop App

User Info Menu

Game Changer Desktop App

Hello there,

I've spent some time to port the Game Changer web app to desktop. Main goal was to make it stand alone. I've done limited testing on Windows and Linux and it is currently not working on Mac (USB handling is a bit more tricky there). The Sync function is also currently not working and I just need to spend some more time on this. Some experimental project open/close functionality is also there, as well as a place holder for undo/redo.

The current state is very raw (a.k.a. beta =)), but it would be nice to have some feedback if you have the chance to try. Be aware that I am not responsible for any loss of data of your instrument, so if you don't want to take any risk, please refrain to use it. However, in the unlikely case of losing data due to a bug, not all is lost, as you can rewrite you instrument's configuration vie the web app. In this case your previously stored data would be lost.

It requires (for now) some geek skills in order to install and run, but not much: terminal/cmd shell access and run some commands. The repository can be found here:

GitHub - edwillys/gamechanger: Electron port to Ernie Ball's Game Changer web application

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best.

User Info Menu

Very interesting! Have you by chance tried running it in a Linux VM hosted on Mac? Macs are all I have anymore, but I do lots of work on Linux VMs and servers.
    ---------------
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Valentine BFR in Three-tone Burst
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

I haven't but I don't think it would work, as the USB drivers would still be managed by macOS's kernel. I still need to dig deeper into that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by edwillys View Post
    I haven't but I don't think it would work, as the USB drivers would still be managed by macOS's kernel. I still need to dig deeper into that.
    That makes sense.
    ---------------
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Valentine BFR in Three-tone Burst
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

This is a fantastic effort. I'm not able to test it right now, but since the GameChanger was discontinued (and I just bought one this week), I've been a little worried about the online app + chrome plugin being deprecated by EBMM or no longer compatible with future versions of Chrome. A desktop client is the perfect solution, so I sincerely hope you're able to finish this.

I'm not so techy that I get how to pull from a github repo and run an app from a shell, so I hope you're able to package it in an installer when you're further along!
    Devils of Belgrade: