Volt Power Supply

Thread: Game Changer success story

User Info Menu

Cool Game Changer success story

No, by success story I don't mean I've become a well off career rock n roll guitarist.

I got a used (like new) Reflex HH with piezo and Game Changer circuit a couple of weeks ago.
    Having the Game Changer circuit was probably the least important consideration in my deciding to buy the Reflex. I was more interested in a guitar with chambered body with mahogany center block, hard tail bridge, rosewood fretboard, and those great sounding Axis pickups.
    Kind of a contrast to my two Axis Super Sports which have maple fretboards and trems.

The bridge humbucker setting will probably be the one I use most often, and that's covered.
    But I discovered that a couple of the settings have the piezo layered with the magnetic pickups. I decided that the piezo layered with the magnetic pickups with parallel coil configurations would probably give me some hi fi, glassy clean tones.

So I went on Music Man's site, found the Game Changer app page, and though installing the Chrome extension was unfamiliar territory, I followed the instructions and had it installed in a few minutes.
    Then I found the correct USB cable and had my Reflex hooked up to the computer with no problems. The web app recognized what model guitar I have as well as the pickup combinations currently programmed in it, and I was able to easily start editing pickup combinations.

I didn't do anything too ambitious, just added the piezo to a few positions in Bank B.

I also learned that these guitars apparently let you route the piezo output separate from the magnetic pickups by using an insert cable with a TRS end. For recording clean tones in my home studio I might make use of this and route the magnetic and piezo to different tracks. Or I might record a mono signal with the two layered.

Hopefully the web app will continue to be available when Windows 11 come around. But as of today, I can report that I had no issues other than never having installed the extension before.
    Last edited by wannarock8; 07-07-2021 at 07:16 PM.
    Bongo fretless in firemist purple
    September 2020 BFR Bongo 5 string in satin honey burst
    2006 Axis Super Sport in honey burst
    2015 Axis Super Sport semi hollow in honey burst
    Y2D PDN
    JP16
    2016 Reflex HH hard tail piezo with Game Changer