• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Big Poppa

Hey I just saw that the Golf Channel (605 on direct tv) is broadcasting the show I did. It is called Peter jacobsen and friends and it features BP scotty hamilton, Jonathan Kaye, Kimberly williams it is on at 930am west coast time If some of you can catch it ....I think it is pretty good!

phatduckk

i golffed for the first time ever today! i went to the range w/ a buddy and hit a bucket of 150 balls. i did decent - about 80 balls in i was able to hit straight and decently far :)

my hands hurt like a bastard now! super fun sport! i figure i should get "ok" at the range then try a short course.

:)

tommyindelaware

Big Poppa said:
Hey I just saw that the Golf Channel (605 on direct tv) is broadcasting the show I did. It is called Peter jacobsen and friends and it features BP scotty hamilton, Jonathan Kaye, Kimberly williams it is on at 930am west coast time If some of you can catch it ....I think it is pretty good!

sorry i could get that channel. holy jumpin jezzabeles........you can get over 600 channels ??? you city folks sure are something !!!!
i can only get 3 stations on my ole tv set.......my ole homemade antenna up on the roof does pretty good for as old as it is. if i climb up there & turn the ole antenna.....i can get 3 different stations !!!!!! not quite as clear though. technology is amazing these days !!!! someone told me they make a motor you can put on my old antenna so i don't even have to climb up there !!!!can't afford that though....gotta save up for my y2d from pete.....

Last edited:

SteveB

phatduckk said:
i golffed for the first time ever today!
phatduckk said:
super fun sport! i figure i should get "ok" at the range then try a short course.

Phat,

Drive for show, Putt for dough.. that's what they say. Be prepared! There's a world of difference between the driving range and the course.. plus the added pressure of having other golfers behind you who are waiting for you to find your ball in the woods..

Maybe that's just me though.. ;)

Hookpunch

Golf always looks like a silly game until you try it - then the next thing you know you have spent $5000.00 on clubs, shoes, gloves etc. and usually $0 on lessons which would be the best money spent on golf.

phatduckk

SteveB said:
Phat,

Drive for show, Putt for dough.. that's what they say. Be prepared! There's a world of difference between the driving range and the course.. plus the added pressure of having other golfers behind you who are waiting for you to find your ball in the woods..

Maybe that's just me though.. ;)

oh ya. i mean the game's goal always looked hard - big ass area of grass, tiny hole, get the ball in a hole that's super far and tiny.

i never expected my arms to get so damn sore though. maybe its cuz im lazy and dont ever do anything active but im surprised.

so am i wrong to assume that i should start out at the range? i assumed it was the right place to start but if anyone has knows a better way to start then lemme know

MikeVt

phatduckk said:
i golffed for the first time ever today! i went to the range w/ a buddy and hit a bucket of 150 balls. i did decent - about 80 balls in i was able to hit straight and decently far :)

my hands hurt like a bastard now! super fun sport! i figure i should get "ok" at the range then try a short course.

:)

I've been driving at a range for years. I actually went out on a course a few years ago, and that was the one and only time.

Driving them is fun. Chasing them is a whole different story! :D

Mike

MikeVt

We have the golf argument a lot at work. Lots of dedicated enthusiasts here in Vermont. It just seems to me that if I'm going to pick up a sport/hobby for relaxation, I should pick one that is LESS frustrating than work. Golf? Not my first choice. First ya gotta hit the little thing straight....then you chase it.....then you lose it. Then you do it 17 more times. Cart or no cart, not relaxing in my book. Very few people seem happy doing it too. The one time I was actually on the course, there were a lot of people cursing, throwing clubs - all while dressed rather silly I might add. Even Luke's idea of what to do with golf balls sounds more fun to me.

Relaxation? That's what my EB is for.

Keep in mind that this was all said in my typical sarcastic, attempting to be funny, tone....:D :D :D

Mike

GWDavis28

phatduckk said:
isnt that why God invented the golf cart? LoL

Carts are for old men in there 90's!!!! Phatty, you hands hurts because your not suppose to squeeze the hell out of the club, you suppose to hold it but not cut the circulation off in your hands.

I've been playing since I was in my late teens, which would make it around 23 years or so and I still an terrible. Though this year I've noticed that my game has gotten much better.

Golf is one of those things that you can try your hardest and it takes year to get better. Lessons, yah they help by 90% of people who play and then take lessons it takes them 2 seasons to turn their game around.

To be an average golfer and shoot lower scores you gotta play at least twice a week.

Me with kids I get out for my company league night and that's it, but I do love it and look forward too it every week. Heck, I even came 2.5 hours back from vacation to play (last week before the playoff, we had a chance to make it). My wife thinks I'm crazy, maybe, but I've been golfing longer than I've known her and it's still a part of my life.

The games not for everyone.

BP, sorry man no cable, I'll see if a friend can Tivo it for me.

Glenn |B)

kbaim

MikeVt said:
We have the golf argument a lot at work. Lots of dedicated enthusiasts here in Vermont. It just seems to me that if I'm going to pick up a sport/hobby for relaxation, I should pick one that is LESS frustrating than work. Golf? Not my first choice. First ya gotta hit the little thing straight....then you chase it.....then you lose it. Then you do it 17 more times. Cart or no cart, not relaxing in my book. Very few people seem happy doing it too. The one time I was actually on the course, there were a lot of people cursing, throwing clubs - all while dressed rather silly I might add. Even Luke's idea of what to do with golf balls sounds more fun to me.

Relaxation? That's what my EB is for.

Keep in mind that this was all said in my typical sarcastic, attempting to be funny, tone....:D :D :D

Mike

Mike, Your posts are a crack up! :D

MikeVt

kbaim said:
Mike, Your posts are a crack up! :D

Thanks Keith! It looks like telling people I was trying to be funny did the trick.... ;)

Yes...I know. I still need work. :D

Mike

Top Bottom