• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

carterc

I just got a 12 string for the first time for Christmas and I'm wondering if there are strings I can't use, or do I just have to find my preference with no right or wrong options?

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Is this for an acoustic 12-string? Personally, I like phosphor bronze wound strings for their deeper bass response but 80/20 bronze has an upper mid range punch and clarity that cuts through a busy band mix very well and can suit bassy or dark sounding guitars better. But that's just my ears' opinion. Different brands even of the same type and gauge of string can sound and feel slightly different, so think of trying them out as a long running experiment. You'll eventually get a feel for what you like best.

carterc

Is this for an acoustic 12-string? Personally, I like phosphor bronze wound strings for their deeper bass response but 80/20 bronze has an upper mid range punch and clarity that cuts through a busy band mix very well and can suit bassy or dark sounding guitars better. But that's just my ears' opinion. Different brands even of the same type and gauge of string can sound and feel slightly different, so think of trying them out as a long running experiment. You'll eventually get a feel for what you like best.
Yes it is an acoustic, thank you.

Top Bottom