• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Atros

I play a Godin xtSA, and recently made the choice to go with Cobalt Regulars permanently for it. However, I'm having a problem.

One of the things about this guitar is that there are piezo pickups on the bridge for acoustic and synth support. Some time ago, the output for one of these (G string) has started having a significantly lower output... so much so that these feature is practically worthless, even if the magnetic pickups still work fine.

Talking to Godin, they told me to pull the piezo free to clean it. I did so, and while it helped significantly, it seemed like if I did a better job cleaning, it would have come out better.

Here comes my problem. I'm having a hard time finding the right single to use. It's to expensive for me to try to get full sets for one string when I have to remove, clean, replace, and test. The cobalt single strings only show the wound strings, with the lightest being .022. The sleeve says Cobalt Steel Plain String, part number 1117. The closest I can seem to find are the custom gauge 17's, part number 1017, but I don't know if that's the right one. I'd rather get... say, a half dozen the actual Cobalt strings in order to be able to see if I can fix this properly, or if I should get those, and then just restring everything with a fresh set once it's in proper working order.

Top Bottom