• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Atomic

Esteban's Gift of Guitar Review

Ok gang for those of you who are familiar with "Esteban's Gift of Guitar" infomercial, I recently had the opportunity to check one of these guitars out.
Esteban offers in his television infomercial a handcrafted 20 fret acoustic spruce top, mahogany bridge and neck, chrome tuning heads and a herringbone stripe down the back of the guitar. Included is a nylon gig bag, neck strap, picks, a set of extra strings and a hour and 20 minute "Learn How to Play Steel String Guitar" video instruction all for the incredible low price of $99.00

The guitar is manufactured by Burswood. Never heard of them, neither have I. For $99.00 the Burswood Esteban acoustic is a beginner instrument. With fair tonal quality. It's construction is below average. The location of the strap buttons was off and they were crooked.

(1) Action.. Came from the factory a little higher than I like it but this could be adjusted simply by filing the saddle. It's not the most durable guitar.
(2) Finish.. Was not impressive but the rosette around the sound hole and the herringbone stripe down the back of the guitar made up for its dull look.
(3) Playability.. The neck does have a truss rod for strength and was straight, frets were level. The fretboard appeared to be wood, what type? probably rosewood but it was too heavily covered with stain.
(4) Sound.. Possessed good tone. The strings and extra sets that came with the guitar were poor quality.

Overall in my opinion, this isn't a bad guitar for a beginner and for $99.00 you get what you pay for. If someone were to ask me, What is a good acoustic for a beginner? I would not recommend purchasing the Burswood Esteban acoustic because better quality guitars can be found on the internet; for instance you can get a really nice sounding and well built Epiphone AJ10 Acoustic with the choice of three different finishes for $150 and sometimes if you know where to look, even a lower price.

Last edited:
Top Bottom