• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

fzm

I have an older style volume pedal I bought new years ago. Its the one with the jacks on the side. I've had this thing for over 25years.
I've had the string break once or twice in the past and replaced it successfully. Been using this pedal for a long time and really like it.

Recently, the string broke again and when I contacted Customer Service, they told me its not supported anymore and parts are obsolete. This seems really strange because EB still makes strings for their volume pedal. There is nothing special about it. If it needs a different length, then just make them at that length. I don't get it.

Customer Service just brushed me off, not their problem, too bad so sad.

Really dissapointed in custormer service. That has to be some of the worst I've encountered in recent times.

I cannot believe that this pedal cannot have a replacement pot or string. There is nothing special about these parts. Seems like a stupid ploy to buy new product, which I won't.

beej

Sorry to hear it. That said, it's hard to blame any company for not stocking parts for EOL products.

I wouldn't take this as a 'brush-off'- I routinely have trouble sourcing parts from all kinds of vendors for things that are more than a few years old.

fzm

Sorry to hear it. That said, it's hard to blame any company for not stocking parts for EOL products.

I wouldn't take this as a 'brush-off'- I routinely have trouble sourcing parts from all kinds of vendors for things that are more than a few years old.
I don't agree.
The string is something they already make for two current models. If its slightly longer or shorter, its not a big deal to make for older pedals. Its the same basic design. Same goes for the pot.

Last edited:

beej

It might not seem like a big deal to you, but there are all kinds of reasons why they don't always stock old parts. Same goes for every company with a supply chain. (For starters, it's complicated and not cost-effective to purchase small quantities of parts from third-party suppliers, etc.)

Anyhow, feel free to email them and ask for more clarity or suggestions of where else to look for parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom