• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GustavoWoltmann

So i just got the line 6 relay G 30 wireless pack and let me say wow!! I mean it really does sound just as good as any cable i have ever used. It can go the distance and not loose any quality at all. so enough about the awesomeness of this piece of equipment, which i would say everyone should get. The only problem i have is that i cant seem to keep the transmitter to stay put. I know some of it is that i like to move around a lot when i play but still, the transmitter moves a lot. I was thinking about just taping it to the strap each time i play but i really dont want to do that. So any ideas as to how i can get something more permanent?

RockyStar

Put the transmitter in your back pocket. Some straps have a way to attach it better to your strap. Go back to a cable. ;) (I kid, I kid)

ksandvik

Get a cheap camera pocket (Target has those for $9), make a hole in the bottom of the pocket holder, put the strap through the handle. This way you protect the G30 (plastics) so it does not fall off and break.

Also always use normal batteries, rechargeable don't work well with G30. It's a nice unit and works good, I use it for shows where I'm supposed to run around, I still hear the difference between a G30 and a shorter guitar cable (less high end, some latencies felt in the fingertips.)

Craiguitar

I'm in the process of researching a wireless system for live use, and at the moment I'm looking at the Shure GLXD14 system. I have considered the issue of the transmitter (and how to secure it on my guitar strap). I saw a Levy's leather transmitter pouch on ebay, which attached to any normal guitar strap. It's elasticated so will fit most transmitters by the looks of it.

Levy's Wireless Transmitter Guitar Strap Holder for Line 6, Shure, AKG etc - NEW | eBay

RockyStar

Speaking of rechargeable batteries, I haven't had success with them on any of my wireless units over the years.

mikeller

The Shure GLX-D has rechargeable batteries and they do indeed last near the 16 hours advertised. As far as the transmitter I use an inexpensive Nanotech Pouch attached to my strap

Top Bottom