• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Gio_Force_One

Hey guys I only want to keep one and I’m so torn on which one to keep. What would you guys do. They both sound really good , I don’t think one sounds better than the other. Some things on one sound better then the other and then vice versa. Helix UI is better and the company’s customer service is great. Also if I ever need to replace it I can go to a store and get one. I don’t know what to.

Iperfungus

Well...I own a Line6 Helix Floor since some years now and I found that's the modeler with the highest price/quality ratio on Planet Earth, if we talk about professional stuff.
Line6 is the only one company that NEVER changed hardware and they keep releasing new firmware versions and updates (this means you can keep the hardware and enjoy new software FOR FREE), while Fractal changed hardware many times to support new firmware releases, increasing prices insanely.
I would have no doubt: keep the Helix (new release is available in these days), sell the Axe Fx III, collect some money and buy another MM guitar!
PS. I also own a Mooer GE250 that I regularly use reharsing with the band and that I also would use live, since it's cheap, complete and reliable!
PS2: The only other pro modeler that I would love to try is the Neural DSP Quad Cortex...If they will come to support their awesome plugins within the Cortex, one day....even if Helix hardware is the most complete one still, in a compact format (connections, expression pedal, switches, displays.....lights&colors...)...

Last edited:

Gio_Force_One

Well...I own a Line6 Helix Floor since some years now and I found that's the modeler with the highest price/quality ratio on Planet Earth, if we talk about professional stuff.
Line6 is the only one company that NEVER changed hardware and they keep releasing new firmware versions and updates (this means you can keep the hardware and enjoy new software FOR FREE), while Fractal changed hardware many times to support new firmware releases, increasing prices insanely.
I would have no doubt: keep the Helix (new release is available in these days), sell the Axe Fx III, collect some money and buy another MM guitar!
PS. I also own a Mooer GE250 that I regularly use reharsing with the band and that I also would use live, since it's cheap, complete and reliable!
PS2: The only other pro modeler that I would love to try is the Neural DSP Quad Cortex...If they will come to support their awesome plugins within the Cortex, one day....even if Helix hardware is the most complete one still, in a compact format (connections, expression pedal, switches, displays.....lights&colors...)...
So true

Iperfungus

There is no competition there, Fractal is superior to the Line 6 in every way.
Also in price...
What I like about the Helix is that, as I wrote, Line6 develops new firmware releases, with new features and not bug fixing only, over the same hardware since years and years....and you've not to sell your unit to buy a new and more expensive one to have new firmware supported.
Unless you're a pro, you can live very happy with a Helix.

Last edited:
Top Bottom