• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Wes

First, what size hex are the screws on the locking nut? And the tuning screws on the floyd rose bridge? I went through a standard set and got nothing, so instead of buying a whole metric set or taking my guitar to a hardware store, I figured I'd ask.

Second, I just got a hold of a new Axis with a burnt apple finish, now, is it supposed to smell like candy, or that a side effect of the finish? At first I though I was crazy, but after asking a few people I pretty much figured out that it wasn't just me.

Last, the guitar center in fountain valley doesn't carry those "easy string change" kits that most people use for a quick drop D. Any information on what they are actually called and where I can get one or two would be nice.

Thanks

Mike Pierce

Ernie Ball Customer Service
All right Wes, here ya go.

The hex size of the screws on the locking nut on your Axis is 3mm. The tuning screws should be turned by hand. About the smell of the guitar... well... couldn't tell ya about that. You're just lucky I guess. I, nor the guys I work with have heard of a candy smelling finish. As far as the drop D tuner check out the EVH D-Tuna on the internet. They retail for about 60 bones and you can find the closest dealer to you online. Hope that helps, if you need anything else, just post it on here or call (800) 543-2255. Thanks.

Shaun Lopez

Ernie Ball Customer Service
The Guitar smell

Wes,
The SKB company that makes our cases puts a spray inside of the case so there is no mist on the guitar when you recieve it. That spray is odored in a candy type fragrance that you're probably smelling from your guitar. The guitar finish itself does not have a scratch-in-sniff quality, But that would actually be a pretty cool idea.

Shaun

Wes

Bridge Screws.

Yes, I know that I should tune by hand, but there is a hex screw below the thumb screw on the bridge that lines up the string.. Thank you very much for everything else.

Yeah, you'd really get some interested people on the scratch n sniff finish.. All my friends are envious.

Thank you again.

Top Bottom