• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

fresnorich

I arrived Sat. morning and left after the artist round-table.

Wow! What a great time. Sterling really went all out and it's a shame more people couldn't make it.

IMG_4772.jpg

IMG_4760.jpg

Photo Album

I met quite a few people (I can't even remember all the names right now) and felt very welcomed by Sterling, Jack, Steve, Pete, Karen, Mark, Lowell, Ben, and all the other wonderful people I talked to.

Sterling passed around several prototypes and first off the production line basses and guitars for people to play and admire. He is truely a generous man. The food was great and the EB employees were awesome to put up with us and let us watch them do their jobs.

I'm so excited about my new Buttercream HH SR4 I have coming. I got to play a bunch of great basses and these new dual humbucker Stingrays are awesome.

Another very exciting development was the Rosewood neck! They had one on each model bass (SR4, SR5, Sterling, Bongo) and they felt amazing. It's not clear if they will ever make it into production, however, because of the limited amount of rosewood available.

The tour included electronics and final setup, but I forgot an extra memory card.

Both the Sterling/Dudley discussion and artist round-table were facinating and very entertaining to say the least.

Last edited:

Soulfinger

Very cool. Would have liked to have been there and met you folks that I only know online.

Unfortunately (or perhaps not), my wedding planning precluded the trip. Keep in mind this is the girl who told me to go get a stingray a month after I got my sterling.

shamus63

Soulfinger said:
Very cool. Would have liked to have been there and met you folks that I only know online.

Unfortunately (or perhaps not), my wedding planning precluded the trip. Keep in mind this is the girl who told me to go get a stingray a month after I got my sterling.
Given the fact that you (too) have a cool chick to marry, you have made a very wise long-term choice!

Last edited:

Steve Dude Barr

Oldtoe said:

Sands indeed....so when I got back to room 146 after Saturday afternoon to get ready for the night's concert I entered my freshly made up room to find two items layed out on my bed leaning against my pillows.

Any guesses??

Oldtoe

Intestinal Poltergeist
An implement for the pursuance of a certain winged mammal, and a box from Fedex?

dhuffguitars

Steve Dude Barr said:
Sands indeed....so when I got back to room 146 after Saturday afternoon to get ready for the night's concert I entered my freshly made up room to find two items layed out on my bed leaning against my pillows.

Any guesses??

I already know the answer! And I also know what happened the night before to lead to it! :D :eek:

Top Bottom