• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Kashmir6112

Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to tell the difference between the Cobolt, Regular Slinky Nickle and Rock N Roll Strings apart? I have a set of string on my guitar that I really like but I don't remember what ones they were, as I was kind of testing them all. And this set I like the best ,but unfortunately cant remember which ones I last put on. I think they may be the Cobolts,but not 100% sure

Is there a different color, coating, etc, reference to go by?

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Good question! I don’t know if there’s an easy way. I can tell you the cobalt have slightly lower tension and slightly larger windings on the wound strings compared to the same strain gauge of the standard slinkys. There is a close up photo on my website from a review I did when they first came out…

As for the rock ‘n’ roll set I can’t say atall.

Kashmir6112

Good question! I don’t know if there’s an easy way. I can tell you the cobalt have slightly lower tension and slightly larger windings on the wound strings compared to the same strain gauge of the standard slinkys. There is a close up photo on my website from a review I did when they first came out…

As for the rock ‘n’ roll set I can’t say atall.
Thanks for the input. And I loved your article and from your article it sounds like I may have the Cobalts as the strings that are on my PRS McCarty and I may have the Rock n Roll strings on my fender Strat. But I was not 100% sure.I love the sound of both of them. I just received a custom guitar that I had built and it came with D’Addario 10-46 and it’s lacking the bassy punch and feel of the strings I have on the PRS and Fender Strat! when I am hitting power chords. So I was trying to figure out what strings were on my PRS and Fender to put on my new guitar to see if it makes a difference. I know the picks up are different on both guitars. So the sound will be different. But I want to go with the Ernie Ball strings and want to first try the string s I have on PRS if I can figure it out.

Top Bottom