• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Rhoadsboy815

Heyo! First thread here!

So i have a couple questions. I was looking at the sets because firstly i am allergic to nickel. I've always played with nickel strings and just had to toughen up when my fingers were sore or felt raw the next day. Now that i see these cobalt ones, im wondering if these will help me out. I know there's stainless steel and gold strings; and these can be used to fix my problem, but i didnt really want to go that route because i heard the steel ones wear down your frets fast and the gold ones are pricey. So in whole, does anyone know if these strings have nickel in them, or if they do , do they coat over it completely?

Second question, i'm looking for a set that has the third sting (g-string) wound. I dunno how to tell this from the fronts of the package. I usually like the heavy bottom ernie balls where the low string is around a 52 and the high strings is a 10 or 11. But im looking for a set with a wound 3rd string to go with it. Can i look anywhere?

Thanks in advance for any input guys. :D

Peace!

Ghetto

I just put on a set of cobalt beefy slinky, sound is great if you are d-tuned. The g-string is not wound and according to the package is a mix of iron and cobalt. Hopefully this helps.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
No nickel in the Cobalt strings. some of the other forumites with nickel allergies have ried 'em and loved 'em. Read the two threads...

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ball-strings/52654-cobalt-hail-sustain.html#post865758

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-b...-strings-contain-less-nickel-than-steels.html

They don;t do sets ith a wound G but you could order a wound single strings of whatever gauge suits you best. Ask your local Ernie Ball dealer. If you live in the US or Canada, UK or Ireland, or France, you can order directly from the Ernie Ball online store.

Top Bottom