• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

kingeshan

Hi,I‘m Eshan 4m Bangladesh.From last few weeks I‘m facing prob with my guitar strings.I play Ibanez gio 121ex.After the original strings brokon I used Diaddio 10 setup as my strings are 10 setup..but that was not the same string that used in my guitar.the strings r thiner than the original 1‘s.I‘m confused what strings are the original Ibanez 121ex used.If any1 knw plz help me...plz send me ur ans at my email- [email protected]

MM90TB

Not sure what guage your model was set up with, but if they were 9's and you're putting on 10's, you may have to file the nut slightly to address binding if the factory cut was just enough for the 9's. Then re-check the set-up on your guitar if you find any buzzing anywhere on the neck.

kingeshan

No bro setup was correct & when i shown to the shop they r saying its 10 setup.but when i bought it they told me.its a diadrio strings.but now after 3 yr later the original strings broke.So as they said I bought 10 setup of diadio strings.but new strings r thiner the original strings.Last week someone says they r Erniball Strings but 10 setup.another 1 said Diadrio zxxue something like that he was not sure,but it was 10.50 setup strings.But I get confused didn‘t try Erniball or Diadrio 10.50 setup..Also I‘m sure that it was not 11 setup ether..Different people different thoughts,thats why I‘m confused...Can Ibanez web size wibdow can help me out with this prob..

beej

I don't think there's any way to help you out with this one. If you hadn't changed your strings in 3 years, any new set is going to feel dramatically different, regardless of the gauge.

Best bet is to buy a few different sets (9s, 10s, etc), set them up on your guitar and see what you like the best. I'd recommend Ernie Ball ;)

TNT

KIng,

See if you can get a hold of Super Slinkys (9-42). You'll love em, and they will work perfectly on your Ibanez while you save up enough money to get your Axis!!

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
+1 more.

Old strings loose their elasticity, sound dull and dark, and flat spots will be worn into the strings by the frets, making it harder for the strings to stay or play in tune. Many guitar players will change strings every 20-30 hours of playing time. In other words, if they play one full hour most days of the week, they will be changing strings at about once a month. Personally, I change much more frequently than that.

Top Bottom