• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

daneford

Hey all,

I've posted about this before, but I finally found a pic.

My first guitar was a Silhouette that I purchased from Lincoln Brewster. He used it on Steve Perry's "for the love or strange medicine." I worked for months to save the cash.

It had an awesome bird's-eye maple neck, and was told that it was the only one made in this color.

From about age 15 until it was stolen just before my 21st birthday, I ate, slept, and lived this guitar. I was devastated.

The pic's not that great, but you can see the dirt I put on the fretboard.

I've replaced it with another Floyd silo, but I can't get another in this color as EB doesn't do em. Plus, it's not my original.

If you ever see this, please let me know. I would love to have it back, and will pay for it. I'm still searching, 15 years later.

I love my silos, and feel fortunate to have started out on them.

FB_IMG_1479247443577_zps06nvlia9.jpg

Last edited:

daneford

Thanks man. This thing was a wonderful instrument, and was a huge loss.

Pott

Good luck dude. My #1 was stolen, less than 6 months after arriving in the US. A nondescript AL HH in Coral Red, but a #1 is a #1 no matter the looks. It just feels right. It's got 'it'.

One thing that's good about EBMM guitars: their consistency allows easily finding equivalent guitars.
I didn't say 'replacement' because, well... a #1 is a #1 for a reason that defies just material equivalence.

I hope you find her again man.

MM Luke

Bummer, huge Lincoln fan (esp the album u mentioned). Will keep an eye/ear out. B

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

GWDavis28

Have you ever considered getting a similar Silo and having it repainted?

Glenn |B)

guitarcenter

Hey all,

I've posted about this before, but I finally found a pic.

My first guitar was a Silhouette that I purchased from Lincoln Brewster. He used it on Steve Perry's "for the love or strange medicine." I worked for months to save the cash.

It had an awesome bird's-eye maple neck, and was told that it was the only one made in this color.

From about age 15 until it was stolen just before my 21st birthday, I ate, slept, and lived this guitar. I was devastated.

The pic's not that great, but you can see the dirt I put on the fretboard.

I've replaced it with another Floyd silo, but I can't get another in this color as EB doesn't do em. Plus, it's not my original.

If you ever see this, please let me know. I would love to have it back, and will pay for it. I'm still searching, 15 years later.

I love my silos, and feel fortunate to have started out on them.

View attachment 30889

Hi Daneford,

I tried to message you through this website's private message system but I'm not sure if my original message went through.

Anyways, private message me your telephone number. I need to talk to you.

Thank you

tommydude

Hope you get this back! Did you set up account in Reverb? You can choose items in your daily feed. On eBay you can set up text alerts.

daneford

Hi Daneford,

I tried to message you through this website's private message system but I'm not sure if my original message went through.

Anyways, private message me your telephone number. I need to talk to you.

Thank you

Just saw your messages yesterday. I'm not on here a ton. I sent a reply. Not sure if it made it through. Please reply here if you don't see it.

Thank you.

daneford

Have you ever considered getting a similar Silo and having it repainted?

Glenn |B)

I have actually. I bought a white silo with a maple neck and floyd in 2019 with the intention of doing so. I even went so far as to have it regretted, but never could get the setup to my liking, so I sold it. It wasn't for lack of trying.

You know how some guitars have "it"? This one, while nice, didn't.

Hope you get this back! Did you set up account in Reverb? You can choose items in your daily feed. On eBay you can set up text alerts.

Thanks, and I hope I do too! I have saved searches on both eBay and reverb. I shut email/text alerts off because I was getting too many, but I check both sites frequently. I hope it works out someday. :)

GWDavis28

I have actually. I bought a white silo with a maple neck and floyd in 2019 with the intention of doing so. I even went so far as to have it regretted, but never could get the setup to my liking, so I sold it. It wasn't for lack of trying.

You know how some guitars have "it"? This one, while nice, didn't.

Yah I hear yah, but if you ever score one that does, hope it happens for you at some point or your lucky enough to find the original one.

Glenn |B)

daneford

Yah I hear yah, but if you ever score one that does, hope it happens for you at some point or your lucky enough to find the original one.

Glenn |B)

Man, I'm staying relatively calm, cool, and collected about the prospect of recovering my old one, but that would be amazing.

As for doing my own repro, there's a strong possibility that I'm just no longer a floyd guy. Hardtail and 2pt trems seem to work just fine. I've still got 3 silos, and I never find myself thinking "I really wish I could dive bomb right about now." :D

Astrofreq

There’s a great video about Billy Corgan being reunited with a guitar that was stolen decades before. Anything is possible!

daneford

There’s a great video about Billy Corgan being reunited with a guitar that was stolen decades before. Anything is possible!

I saw that. It made me happy and gave me hope. That's one of the nice things about it being such a unique color. Unless it's been refinished, it'll be easy to spot.

GWDavis28

I helped NorM, get back a Silo that was stolen from his friends house, it was complete dumb luck. The more information the better the chances if it ever shows up online.

Glenn |B)

daneford

I helped NorM, get back a Silo that was stolen from his friends house, it was complete dumb luck. The more information the better the chances if it ever shows up online.

Glenn |B)

I love stories like these. Still haven't heard back from "guitarcenter." Hopefully he checks back in.

Top Bottom