• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dibart77

NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Days! NYNGD #2021-6
Welcome to Day 6 of my annual New Year's New Guitar Days (NYNGD)!

Thanks for the kind words and comments on NYNGD #2021-5! I know this year's (er... last year's) NYNGDs are trickling in at a snail's pace - super busy with work and life. But we'll get through them, maybe in time for NYNGD 2022!

Today's NGNGD is the stunning Luke III BFR in the unique and totally Music Man "Grapes of Wrath" finish. As you can see, the top really does look like the inside of a grape. And its pearl purple back, which is very similar (the same?) as Firemist Purple, is really cool and as it comes around the body morphs into a trans purple burst. So cool! The top on this one is less "big quilt" than I normally like, but in this finish I think this top is just perfection.

The roasted maple neck is, as usual, a masterpiece... with an ebony fretboard and amazing abalone inlays. Interestingly, the BFR photos on the EBMM site show abalone-topped volume and tone knobs but the production version just came with black knobs. The Okoume (a/k/a mahogany) body sounds awesome. Such a cool guitar.

I'll be back soon with another NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Day! Thanks for looking everyone!

large_0001.jpg

large_0002.jpg

large_0003.jpg

large_0004.jpg

large_0005.jpg

large_0006.jpg

large_0007.jpg

large_0008.jpg

large_0009.jpg

large_0010.jpg

large_0011.jpg

large_0012.jpg

large_0013.jpg

classes_1992-2021.jpg

Past Days:
The new EBMM message board limits the number of characters in a post so I can't put a list of direct links in the post. Click here for an index.

(The back story in case you're new to my NYNGD: For the past couple of years I've done a fun thing that most of you I think enjoyed, and I thought I would do it again this year. Every year, I am a slacker about keeping my Guitar Gallery up to date... So, as a fun holiday thing, let's launch a guitar in the Guitar Gallery each day leading up to New Years Eve! In the past I've received PM's about my collection and whether I play all of these guitars. :) The same question came up during my NYNGD posts a few years ago and my answer was pretty detailed and well thought-out, so please check it out here!)

(Also, in case anybody gets any funny ideas -- these guitars are not at my house. They are all in my very secure and alarmed studio facility. I usually only have two guitars floating around the house...)

headcrash

...aaaaannnd another great example, why black hardware should be offered as an option - just classy, especially with this finish!

Rbg

Beautiful guitar, congrats! were you actually being able to see photos of your actual guitar before buying it? Is that one in the vault the actual guitar on sale or those are just some photos of a guitar from the batch?

dibart77

Beautiful guitar, congrats! were you actually being able to see photos of your actual guitar before buying it? Is that one in the vault the actual guitar on sale or those are just some photos of a guitar from the batch?
No, that was ordered sight unseen. I trust EBMM to make my day with an amazing top. Statistically they have an awesome track record with me! I am not sure if the one in the Vault is the actual guitar in stock or a "sample". If you're serious about buying it, DM me and I can ping my buddies at EBMM to see if they can answer.

Rbg

Thank you! I am going through the struggle of SSH vs HH. If I decide in favor of HH I will go with those BFRs for sure.

Btw, your instrument looks one of the best I’ve seen so far. I used to be a professional woodworker for some period of my life so I do appreciate all those grain matching. Bookmatching, grain itself, flame on the neck are perfect on your instrument!

Top Bottom