• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

danny-79

Still not come across a short scale in the wild yet (not that I’ve been to many music shops recently thought) but still...... really want to try one

mmbassplayer

Danny... I came across one of the Sterling By Musicman short-scales a few months ago in a store and ended up leaving with it. Fantastic basses. I imagine the American made versions are that much better. 30 inch scale is different but fun. Sound is 100% Musicman but different (if that makes sense). JOSH

danny-79

Danny... I came across one of the Sterling By Musicman short-scales a few months ago in a store and ended up leaving with it. Fantastic basses. I imagine the American made versions are that much better. 30 inch scale is different but fun. Sound is 100% Musicman but different (if that makes sense). JOSH

I’ve heard nice things about the Sterling version, it’s something I would consider taking into account the price and my lack of dealings with short scale. (Plus the Sterling brand are really starting to find their feet and knock out some nice stuff).
It would be nice to find one and try it out though. I wouldn’t say it was top of my list but it’s definitely got my attention to want to try one

Buzz Verde

I got the EBMM Stingray Short Scale in Starry Night a little over a year ago. I'm 58 years old, been playing bass for 40 years, and I've owned a LOT of great basses (including three EBMM Stingrays and four EBMM Sterlings). This EBMM is, BY FAR, the best bass I've ever owned or played. Thanks so much, Big Poppa! This is the instrument of my dreams!

MM Stingray SS.png

xjbebop

Gee, thanks Buzz... ;)
I just started playing electric bass again recently after a 10 year layoff. I got picked up by a '90s rock band and I've 'acquired' 3 SBMM 'Rays in the last few months (all on sale..). Having a blast! Being that I'm over 60 now and have some mild hand joint issues, I was curious about the new short scales, but talked myself out of them... I've spent too much $$ already. My wonderful wife keeps pushing me to 'just get one and try it' (SBMM version), but I've been resisting...
But then I keep coming across posts like this... argh!

Buzz Verde

Gee, thanks Buzz... ;)
I just started playing electric bass again recently after a 10 year layoff. I got picked up by a '90s rock band and I've 'acquired' 3 SBMM 'Rays in the last few months (all on sale..). Having a blast! Being that I'm over 60 now and have some mild hand joint issues, I was curious about the new short scales, but talked myself out of them... I've spent too much $$ already. My wonderful wife keeps pushing me to 'just get one and try it' (SBMM version), but I've been resisting...
But then I keep coming across posts like this... argh!
Sorry about that, but to be honest, your wife is right. The short scale is so much easier on the wrists and hands, and it sound GREAT!

Top Bottom