• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DBrou

Hi, this is my first post here. I've been playing Stingrays since 1993 and have owned 8 of them over the years. I recently purchased a used Stingray 5 Special and have been experiencing battery drain even while the bass is unplugged. I brought it to my tech who bent the jack contact for the battery back a little. I can see that it is not touching and I've confirmed this with a multimeter. Is there another reason the battery won't disconnect other than the jack? Maybe I'm not testing it right with the multimeter. I planned on having my tech replace the jack anyway but the part hadn't arrived and we just tried to repair what we had. I will be bringing the bass back to my tech soon and wanted to try to do a little research for him. Thanks for any help in advance.

Rod Trussbroken

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'm presuming your tech ordered the jack from EBMM Customer Service. Jacks purchased elsewhere may look the same but their moving contacts can be different.

If not already done, my suggestion would be to ask Customer Service if they can help you with a wiring diagram so the tech can check all the wiring. The previous owner may have done something that is causing the problem.

Customer Service email:
[email protected]

Let us know how it all goes.

Top Bottom