• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

shage

The Axis Super Sport with P90 Pickup. The body is made of ash wood.
if you are using a P90 verson, Could you please bring some pictures and sound samples?

I am now considering buying a P09 SS with Piezo pickup. I want some pic of it, especially the fret work detail.

NorM

Super sports are made with basswood and a maple top. The discontinued sport models (non super) were made with ash. You will be pleased as the MM90's are magical.

Jimi D

NorM said:
Super sports are made with basswood and a maple top.
Not when equipped with MM90s - the Super Sport with MM90s has an Ash body with maple top...

I don't have any sound samples and I'm not taking any close-ups of my fretboard ('cause I'm lazy), but the short answer is thatI've never met anyone who regretted getting one. They sound great and the fretwork is impeccable (as you would expect on an EBMM!) ;)

Axis Sport

Here is a shot of mine. I have to say I love this guitar and wished I had found P90's earlier in my life. I changed the covers and knobs to black and had a pick guard made for it. Great guitar and sounds awesome through my Dr. Z Maz 38 Invasion.

phatduckk

earlier i politely posted begging you guys to stop making me jealous of your guitars. this jealousy leads to GAS and that leads to me spending money.

so ... one more time:

please stop making me want more guitars :)

humor aside ... that looks dope! the PG definately gives the p90 Axis a LP Junior-ish vibe. im lovin it. if/when i get one ill have to hit ya up to inquire where you got the custom pg made

NorM

Jimi D said:
Not when equipped with MM90s - the Super Sport with MM90s has an Ash body with maple top...

;)
Whoa! I didn't know that.
Thanks JimI

Axis Sport

Jimi D said:
Note to Axis Sport: I LURVE DAT GUITAR! :D

Jimi thanks I LURVE it too. Before I joined the forum I found your web site and sent you an e-mail asking your advice about the different EB models. You pointed me in the direction of the MM90. It was good advice.
Thanks,
Kevin

shage

thanks to everybody here.

I still want some sound samples of the MM P90 pickup. Clean and Overdrived(with sansamp GT2 is prefered).

Jimi D

shage said:
I still want some sound samples of the MM P90 pickup. Clean and Overdrived(with sansamp GT2 is prefered).
You know, amateur sound samples recorded through a solid state pedal onto a computer and then compressed and posted on the net will probably end up sounding about as much like an Axis MM90 ringing through a good tube amp as any other P90-equipped guitar... Hell, I got two of 'em - a Super Sport hardtail and a Sport w/ trem - and they don't sound alike!

just my 2¢

Last edited:

Tylercd00

You know, amateur sound samples recorded through a solid state pedal onto a computer and then compressed and posted on the net will probably end up sounding about as much like an Axis MM90 ringing through a good tube amp as any other P90-equipped guitar... Hell, I got two of 'em - a Super Sport hardtail and a Sport w/ trem - and they don't sound alike!

just my 2¢
How does the hardtail sound in comparison to the trem bridge.

GuitarHack

Yes indeed...I have an MM90 Honey Burst piezo with trem (my profile pic) which was the first EBMM I ordered. While waiting for that order I stumbled on a Pacific Blue Burst MM90 hardtail at Drum City Guitar Land and bought that, so that's my first EBMM. I also have a Pearl White AL with tort p/g and three MM90s courtesy of Mr. DuBaldo. I'll never part with any of them.

MM90s (or P90s), you sound different than everyone else. Your clean is dirtier and your dirty is cleaner...or something like that!

Last edited:
Top Bottom