• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Tollywood

Hello everyone. I hope you are all happy and well.

So, one of my favorite special runs of all time is the Black Sugar Roasted Maple run with the glossy neck finish. I’ve had, and still have, a Floyd Rose version since new, but now I prefer the Music Man tremolo.

I picked up this Super Sport with MM 90s. It’s the first time I’ve ever had this type of pickup and I like them a lot. They can get pretty raunchy with some high gain and I dig it.

My friend Gio mentioned that he thought it would look better with black pickups, knobs and switch. I wholeheartedly agree.

Can I buy black plastic covers to replace these cream ones and if so, are they universal in size and fit? Can I get the covers from ebmm?

xjbebop

You can find all those parts in black, but it would drastically change the look.
From more than just a few feet away, it'll look like a plain black slab except for the chrome bridge.
Personally, I wouldn't do it... let alone mess with the BFR LE perfection that it already is.....

xjbebop

For reference... don't know if it will help, but one of my AL's had factory black covers...

KWzJ8E2.jpg

I changed them to chrome...

VLD83nT.jpg

not bad, but I think I prefer the black myself....

I bet chrome covers & knobs would look better than black on your Axis...

Tollywood

I looked at Stewmac and they offer two different covers. One is for Import and the other is for Gibson. Does anyone know which style I would need, please?

Top Bottom