• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Dieselfeet

Hi,

I recently picked up a mint Axis Super Sport Piezo which I am delighted with.

The guitar has twin jacks and a 9v battery compartment.

Currently, I'm using the lower jack (the one nearest the strap post) as I get a lot of buzzing from the top jack, which I assume is due to the guitar needing a new battery.

Can someone explain what the purpose of each of the jacks? What one will give a 'hotter' output - note: I live remotely and don't have a replacement battery to hand. I'll pick one up on my next trip to civilisation!

Thanks in advance.

Paul

racerx

Here is a photo of the control diagram that came with mine, hopefully it helps!

image0 (1).jpg

It isn't that one output is 'hotter' than the other or not, just a matter of flexibility if you want to run 2 concurrent/stereo outputs (one feeding an amp, one feeding a DI, etc). I usually use the same jack you do (closest to the strap/Piezo+Mono Output) because it gives me the option if using the magnetic pickups, the piezo, or both with a regular cable. If you only use the other jack, then you will only be able to hear the magnetic pickups using a regular cable. You could also use a stereo/TRS instrument cable to minimize on clutter, but keeping it simple for now.

You should also post pics :D

Dieselfeet

@racerx

Thanks for your speedy response and the diagram. I found a 9v battery in my garage and was able to use the other jack that connects to the Piezo. It sounds quite decent, but it's unlikely that I'll use it in my current band.

Thanks again!

beej

The other thing about the mono out is that it's buffered- which is handy if you have a long cable run. (Whereas the Stereo out isn't.)

Top Bottom