• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well "Big Poppa", when you were born you certainly got your full complete share of arrogance didn't you.

Just read the post by "Dave" and your response.

Let's recap, shall we:

1. Dave has a buzzing problem so he takes his guitar to a local tech.

2. The tech explains to him that the problem is caused by a faulty truss rod. Apparently it wasn't installed correctly from the get go.

3. Ernie Ball wants to charge him $400 to fix it plus shipping there and back.

4. And then along comes "Big Poppa" to declare that the Canadian tech doesn't know sh*t and that it's impossible for the truss rod to be improperly installed at the factory.

Gee "Big Poppa", no wonder you come crashing down hard on anybody with a customer service problem.

Come clean with us now "Big Poppa". You're not really concerned with "cluttering up the message board" with customer service complaints. What you're concerned with is running a CENSORED message board and presenting a false image to the world that Ernie Ball guitars are all perfect and that there are no customer service problems at all!

You are one incredibly arrogant S.O.B.

And now I'll close by letting you know that up until I read some of your nasty little fascist posts I was about to purchase a JP BFR as soon as TOMORROW and also purchase a JP6 from one of your board members (who, I discover, is trying to pawn off his buzzing guitar (what a coincidence, huh?) to some unsuspecting member of this board who hasn't yet read the post where he complains that he doesn't really want to pay shipping to get it fixed "for free").

Unless he shipped it to you and you fixed it and shipped it back to him all in the last 10 days, then he is attempting to dump his Pearl Red Burst 2007 JP6 off on the nearest unsuspecting customer USING THIS VERY BOARD.

What a terrific place you have here.

Ernie Ball guitars may be great (well, at least the ones you manage to build right) but your customer service and your message board sure as hell isn't.

Bye now "Big Poppa".

Enjoy your little pond. That tin badge your wearing looks real spiffy.

Astrofreq

And that gets the YGG post of the week!

ygg.jpg

All in favor of a thread lockdown, say AYE!!

Gundar

I believe the JP6 he is referring to is mine I have for sale. Just to clarify my guitar has no problems what so ever. I have a "one in one out" policy when I purchase guitars and it just so happens that I am using this money to fund a new ebmm.

TNT

I'll just say one thing, Elvisscottybill:

You've just "dogged" the person who is paying for you to post this derogatory criticism blasting him!!

In addition this same person you blasted, did not shut down your thread or censor what you said!!

Gee, somehow that doesn't smell like arrogance to me!!

Mick

And now I'll close by letting you know that up until I read some of your nasty little fascist posts I was about to purchase a JP BFR as soon as TOMORROW and also purchase a JP6 from one of your board members (who, I discover, is trying to pawn off his buzzing guitar (what a coincidence, huh?) to some unsuspecting member of this board who hasn't yet read the post where he complains that he doesn't really want to pay shipping to get it fixed "for free").
:D:D

Thank you for staying away from the brand I prefer playing and tell you mom you want your underwear clean + folded nicely. (She´s downstairs!)
Good luck with your grades in high school.
All the best

Mick

Jimmyb

Elvis, I can't really grasp what your problem seems to be here.

You rail against the forum member who is selling a JP, although it appears that you have the wrong fellow.

You also dislike that Sterling defends his company and products against a harsh attack from someone who announced in the first post that he will be boycotting the company and encouraging others to do so because he has a problem with a 3 year old guitar.

I think you might be mistaking arrogance with passion. Sterling is (very rightly) proud of the company that he has created from the shell of Musicman that he took over. Quality control in the pre EBMM days was nowhere near as good as it is now and the transformation has been immense. I think that is a good reason to be proud of the achievements.

As for the truss rod issue, there are a couple of things that strike me as being odd with the statement "it had been installed wrongly".

1) I'm fairly certain that the truss rod groove is cut on the CNC machines (I think they do it at the same time as milling the neck, apologies if this is not the case). Machines do a job very well. They do it over and over, all day long. They don't have a 'bad day' so there is no way that you'd see a 'Friday afternoon' special from a machine. If there had been a fundamental problem with the installation, you'd see hundreds of problems all exactly the same.

2) If it had been faulty from new, surely there would have been the issue when the guitar was new (3 years ago)?

3) Maybe the tech WAS wrong. I'm not an expert in building or repairing guitars, but I have worked in a service industry for a long time. Not every diagnosis from a technician or engineer will be the right one, I've seen problems with security systems where almost the whole system has been changed due to a recurring fault. It turned out to be a battery fault, no-one thought to check it. The point being, that everyone has differing levels of skill and understanding and we all perceive things in a slightly different way.

I don't think that asking for payment for a repair to an out of warranty guitar is in any way unreasonable.

Elvis, I don't know if you've caught some of the other threads on here, but from the time that I've been on the forum, I've seen Sterling pay for many parties and functions for the members of the forum. I've also seen him offer help and advice to people who have had personal problems, basing some of it on his own personal experiences.

This message board isn't censored against customer service issues, but surely it is reasonable to ask people to contact CS before posting a problem? They are not trying to supress CS issues, they are simply trying to have the chance to resolve it before it's blasted everywhere. In the age of the internet, it's very easy to create a rumour from nothing. One person posts that they have a problem with an instrument, someone finds the post 3 years later and posts that they have a problem as well, then someone else chimes in that they have a problem (which may not be the same as the other two) and then the whole thing gathers impetus and it becomes a completely unmanageable problem.

The forum exists for us to talk about the guitars that we love and play and also offers us the chance to have a sneak peek at some of the new items that are developed in SLO. I, for one, am really pleased and grateful that I have the opportunity to get some sort of insight into how it all goes together.

I hope that you stick around, so that you can see that it's really quite a good place to spend some time.

Last edited:

colinboy

Elvis, I can't really grasp what your problem seems to be here.

You rail against the forum member who is selling a JP, although it appears that you have the wrong fellow.

You also dislike that Sterling defends his company and products against a harsh attack from someone who announced in the first post that he will be boycotting the company and encouraging others to do so because he has a problem with a 3 year old guitar.

I think you might be mistaking arrogance with passion. Sterling is (very rightly) proud of the company that he has created from the shell of Musicman that he took over. Quality control in the pre EBMM days was nowhere near as good as it is now and the transformation has been immense. I think that is a good reason to be proud of the achievements.

As for the truss rod issue, there are a couple of things that strike me as being odd with the statement "it had been installed wrongly".

1) I'm fairly certain that the truss rod groove is cut on the CNC machines (I think they do it at the same time as milling the neck, apologies if this is not the case). Machines do a job very well. They do it over and over, all day long. They don't have a 'bad day' so there is no way that you'd see a 'Friday afternoon' special from a machine. If there had been a fundamental problem with the installation, you'd see hundreds of problems all exactly the same.

2) If it had been faulty from new, surely there would have been the issue when the guitar was new (3 years ago)?

3) Maybe the tech WAS wrong. I'm not an expert in building or repairing guitars, but I have worked in a service industry for a long time. Not every diagnosis from a technician or engineer will be the right one, I've seen problems with security systems where almost the whole system has been changed due to a recurring fault. It turned out to be a battery fault, no-one thought to check it. The point being, that everyone has differeing levels of skill and understanding and we all perceive things in a slightly different way.

I don't think that asking for payment for a repair to an out of warranty guitar is in any way unreasonable.

Elvis, I don't know if you've caught some of the other threads on here, but from the time that I've been on the forum, I've seen Sterling pay for many parties and functions for the members of the forum. I've also seen him offer help and advice to people who have had personal problems, basing some of it on his own personal experiences.

This message board isn't censored against customer service issues, but surely it is reasonable to ask people to contact CS before posting a problem? They are not trying to supress CS issues, they are simply trying to have the chance to resolve it before it's blasted everywhere. In the age of the internet, it's very easy to create a rumour from nothing. One person posts that they have a problem with an instrument, someone finds the post 3 years later and posts that they have a problem as well, then someone else chimes in that they have a problem (which may not be the same as the other two) and then the whole thing gathers impetus and it becomes a completely unmanageable problem.

The forum exists for us to talk about the guitars that we love and play and also offers us the chance to have a sneak peek at some of the new items that are developed in SLO. I, for one, am really pleased and grateful that I have the opportunity to get some sort of insight into how it all goes together.

I hope that you stick around, so that you can see that it's really quite a good place to spend some time.

Great reply jimmy and well explained but i must disagree with you on 1 point...............I hope that bloody idot doesnt stick around as he obviously hasnt a clue what he,s talking about and is one of these people who loves to complain.i say kick him out of the forum and have him barred!!!!:rolleyes:

colinboy

Oh by the way moderators please keep this thread going as some positives can be taken from it for us all i.e CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE BEFORE POSTING A PROBLEM ON THE FORUM!

beej

Way to totally misunderstand everything that goes on around here, Elvis. Extra points for taking cheap shots at good people and only reading one side of the story.

I'd go on, but I'm guessing Elvis has left the building.

SteveB

Since this thread is still open, I'd chime in on a few points:

1) how is the purchaser of a used guitar a 'customer'? By my definition, a customer is someone who puts money in MY coffers for MY product. EBMM didn't get a dime from the transaction involving this USED guitar! So put that in your entitlement pipe and smoke it for a while. (Sadly, I realize you cannot because the mods have relegated you to the ether.)

2) Big Poppa, you've been amazingly Zen in handling this particular keyboard warrior. I commend you on your restraint.

Mystic-Creation

Before it goes down I just want to say......please have some respect, BP foots the bill for this forum and it's a great place to share information, learn, GAS, laugh, ect. A lot of the members here really respect each other and the people at EB who make all this happen for us.

Everyone of us should make sure we try to preserve that in it's fullest, as it is something you do not often see on forums of any kind. It really is special folks!

Ponch

Oh by the way moderators please keep this thread going as some positives can be taken from it for us all i.e CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE BEFORE POSTING A PROBLEM ON THE FORUM!

+1 way to go Colinboy, I really can't understand why people complaint on this board..there's a better way to get some help by contacting Customer Service at first. It was that easy... well i guess the posting is just about to get 'noticed' by Big Poppa directly kinda thing.

well It's nice to be important but it's much important for being nice ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom