• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

wthinavl

So on a gig last month, I had the volume knob on my Majesty fall off and I've lost it. I guess with it being a push/push knob it has the ability to wiggle itself loose. It was an outdoor gig and it didn't turn up.

Anyway, I called parts/service and it turns out they're not manufacturing black chrome hardware for the Majesty anymore. Strikes me as a little strange as I think 3 or 4 finishes came with this hardware and they've only been off production for a year or two.

Anyway, just posting here to see if there if I've got any recourse. I'm gutted that my $2200 guitar is now going to have an oddball knob on it.

Axis Sport

I might be wrong, but I bet MM were having these done by another company. You might ask who they used and see if that company would do one for you. I have local powder coat company I use when I need stuff done and it is not that expensive to get parts coated. Good luck.

Last edited:

wthinavl

LOL, I know I'm probably being a little over the top picky about it but I don't have a huge collection of 2-5k guitars and the ones I do have are pristine.

I'm thinking about ordering a black one and going the powder coat route. Even if it costs me north of $50 At least my guitar would be back to normal. Right now I'm just staring at an aluminum shift sleeve.

GWDavis28

Nice man. Yeah....I'm going to snag one of these and get it powder coated.

NP glad to help, talk to Pete, he and Nick are super guys and wicked easy to work with. He might have someone that can do the powder coating for you as well.

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom