• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

NickNihil

Is there a comprehensive list of EBMM guitar neck shapes/general measurements?

Pink

There is an old thread within this forum that attempted to do just that. Perhaps one of the moderators could provide the link. Or if you do a search (here or on the "G") you may find the link.

I have never found an official description of the neck dimensions (except for width at the nut). Could be because EBMM necks are coveted and thus a carefully guarded secret.

racerx

I have never found an official description of the neck dimensions (except for width at the nut). Could be because EBMM necks are coveted and thus a carefully guarded secret.
I don't think its that as much as it is hard to qualify for people. At least in my experience describing neck profiles is tough because it comes down to the beholder and the layman doesn't always understand general descriptions either. C, D, U, V? 60s style? 50s style? Asymmetric? Slim, Medium, Full, Fat? Thickness measurement at the first and twelfth frets?

It gets squirrley fast and usually the best answer is to try chording and leads to see if something is a great fit or not. I'm traditionally a "baseball bat thick" guy but I've played some thinner necks that absolutely jive perfectly with me (for example, the SSS Cutlass with a slimmer profile).

Last edited:

GWDavis28

Someone once had posted about something like this, it was pre-Majesty. Did you search for neck profiles?

Glenn |B)

banjoplayer

This is the old thread

Top Bottom