• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

adouglas

On the tail end of the bell curve in Connecticut
Can someone post the key for reading build codes (assuming it's not a company secret)?

I was perusing the inventory lists at local dealers and it struck me that it would be nice to be able to tell what's just arrived (recent production) just by glancing at the build code.

TIA....

Feeling GASsy today!

syciprider

I had to rappel down a ventilation shaft and hang motionless over Darg's PC to get my codes.

Mobay45

adouglas said:
That's useful, but doesn't tell the syntax.

What does 164-20-22-13 mean?

Actually, I realize now that I'm making an assumption that probably isn't valid...that the build code contains information on production date.

Looking at the code chart that Freddels put up, that would be some kind of Carbon Blue Pearl Bongo with a White Ice p/g.

bassmonkeee

adouglas said:
That's useful, but doesn't tell the syntax.

What does 164-20-22-13 mean?

Actually, I realize now that I'm making an assumption that probably isn't valid...that the build code contains information on production date.

The build code does not contain the production date because the production date is irrelevant for building an instrument.

vofcr

hi guys,

digging out this blast from the past since there's no chart for build codes anywhere i can find -_- and above link long time dead.

i've came across of nice example of JP6 BFR and serial no fetches back:

962-FN-J4-00-ES-CR

PS. it would be nice to have a link to the chart handy for future i'm sure everyone agrees haha :)

Thanks for all your help.

Fuzzy Dustmite

this talkbass thread is understandably bass related, but it's a good jumping off point

MMM-CC-NN-PP-CC-HH

where:
MMM = Model Code
CC = Color Code
NN = Neck Code
PP = Pickguard Code
CC = Case Code
HH= Hardware Code

Razzle

this talkbass thread is understandably bass related, but it's a good jumping off point

MMM-CC-NN-PP-CC-HH

where:
MMM = Model Code
CC = Color Code
NN = Neck Code
PP = Pickguard Code
CC = Case Code
HH= Hardware Code

That's a great list. It sure would be nice to have the decoder ring for codes for guitars.

Top Bottom