• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

FloopusDoopus

I found out 10 minutes ago how to adjust the whammy bar and its tightness and instantly lost the tiny screw on the bottom of the trem block.

Just wondering if they make replacements. 638332E7-93D0-4D41-B348-1C293F62F45A.jpeg

Last edited:

GWDavis28

It's just a set screw you can get it at any hardware store. I'm not 100% sure of the size, but search around your not the first person to lose it.

Good luck, Glenn |B)

FloopusDoopus

I found the tiny screw but it doesn’t seem to do anything. My trem bar just sits loose and can fall out with the lightest pull. It’s not secured in at all. It is a Cutlass HSS, one of the cheaper model ones at that.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
This is a Sterling by Music Man Cutlass, right? Did you buy it new or used?

That's not the screw to tighten or stop the bar coming out. There are THREE screws in the trem block. One at the bottom (the one you mention) which just stop the bar going too deep, a large one that holds the retaining clip place, and a little grub screw near the top of the block, accessible on the top side of the body when you press the arm down to drop the string tension. That last one is what you want to tighten. See here...

If you still can't make it right, get in touch with SBMM Customer Service. [email protected] or call 1-888-989-7266

Top Bottom