• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

PDN

Hi,

I'd like to know, given a certain strings gauge (let's say 0.09 or 0.08), which is the string material which makes the strings easier to bend...

In fact I'm looking for some string suitable for easy bendings and since on the Enrnie Ball website there are many materials, I need to know which is the "softer" one (and for gauge I want to stay on 0.09).

Thanks

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
All the plain strings are the same material, except in the M-steel sets, I think.

I'd suggest giving customer service a call and asking them. They are very helpful and can answer the specific better than I can.

Personally, I always hated bending on E-strings. They might the thinnest string but they are actually higher tension than the B- or G-strings (G-string is the lowest tension of the plain strings). So the high E needs more effort when bending to go to a new note (and more whammy bar motion too). Yes, I've made a decent part of my income in the last 15 years from playing guitar and I've done it while avoiding bending the high e-string. :)

threeminutesboy

All the plain strings are the same material, except in the M-steel sets, I think.

I'd suggest giving customer service a call and asking them. They are very helpful and can answer the specific better than I can.

Personally, I always hated bending on E-strings. They might the thinnest string but they are actually higher tension than the B- or G-strings (G-string is the lowest tension of the plain strings). So the high E needs more effort when bending to go to a new note (and more whammy bar motion too). Yes, I've made a decent part of my income in the last 15 years from playing guitar and I've done it while avoiding bending the high e-string. :)

Lazy Irishman :)

Top Bottom