• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Kilrorn

Hi !

I got a Richardson 7 and i am totally in love with it !
There is only two things that bother me:

- trem spring noises (you can hear it even without pluging the guitar!)
- and my BIG problem : the volume boost !

The boost is just impossible to use, it is that simple. When it turn it on, even if I mute all string and play nothing, it instantly make awfully loud noises, it is like is i was keeping the guitar in front of an amp to get a huge feedback. The volume boost feature is a nice idea, and EBMM says it is designed to be quite, but I can't confirm that...

Maybe i am doing missing something or doing something wrong. If you are familiar with this kind of issue, i would take any advice.

Juste love the guitar but would like to fix this to make it really perfect :)

Rbg

I have similar problem with my new Luke iii and the pot is quite scratchy when busy engaged.

Sleeping At Sea

Hi !

The boost is just impossible to use, it is that simple. When it turn it on, even if I mute all string and play nothing, it instantly make awfully loud noises, it is like is i was keeping the guitar in front of an amp to get a huge feedback. The volume boost feature is a nice idea, and EBMM says it is designed to be quite, but I can't confirm that...

Maybe i am doing missing something or doing something wrong. If you are familiar with this kind of issue, i would take any advice.

Congrats on the new JR! I've got the new Majora Purple 6 on order - can't wait!

Sounds like you'll want to take a look at both the trem cavity and check the spring tension and also under the electronics plate there is a pot to adjust the volume boost gain. Worth seeing if you can make some improvements.
I have a Valentine with the boost also and mine is dead quiet!

Century_road

Hi !

Was going to echo the sentiments of @Sleeping At Sea above. There should be a boost adjustment in the control cavity if not exposed like it is on a guitar like the Majesty.

Kilrorn

Thanks fot the info of this volume control. I must admit I didn't open the cavity because I was anxious about this complex wiring and all ahah. I will check this as soon as I get home and keep you informed, thanks a lot !

Kilrorn

Hi ! I found the boost volume adjustement, thanks again.
Unfortunately, I still got noise issue... today, my son was playing in the same room and he yelled, i eared him through my amp... I mean, non of my other guitars do this.

I think i will try to reach someone at Music Man to know how to fix this.

Top Bottom