• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DagRay21

Hi and Happy New Year. This is my first post.

Recently I bought a brand new EBMM Stingray Short Scale bass off the eComm site and it came 7 weeks early .. nice. I like it a lot. I have been playing short scales for a few years now but this my first ever EB. So I'm looking at gig bag cases because the very nice case the instrument came with is a larger heavy duty one which is great for the shipping not so much schlepping.

The Shorty bass is 41.5" long and I believe it would fit in a "guitar" case. A couple years back I tried a Mono Top loading case for my other short scale (Birdsong C-bass) and it fit except up the headstock was too tight and a struggle to zip.. it is the 2 and 2 tuner type plus has a tilted back headstock like a LesPaul guitar. The tuning keys stuck out too far to close the top of the case and I didn't trust it .. returned it. Well this new EB Shorty seems like it would fit so I may try it again. Any experience or recommendations are appreciated. I looked at a number of gig bags and I think I would prefer a 'top loader'. The $269 is pricey for the Vertigo, they offer a sleeve type for $179 but the Vertigo looks worth it maybe??

Good protection for an instrument is worth it in my opinion but I thought I'd ask around because I'm not in a hurry. Thanks in advance.

57E4B0E9-4344-4170-A71F-CC8693A8BE49.png

Last edited:

Golem

Hi and Happy New Year. This is my first post.

Recently I bought a brand new EBMM Stingray Short Scale bass off the eComm site and it came 7 weeks early .. nice. I like it a lot. I have been playing short scales for a few years now but this my first ever EB. So I'm looking at gig bag cases because the very nice case the instrument came with is a larger heavy duty one which is great for the shipping not so much schlepping.

The Shorty bass is 41.5" long and I believe it would fit in a "guitar" case. A couple years back I tried a Mono Top loading case for my other short scale (Birdsong C-bass) and it fit except up the headstock was too tight and a struggle to zip.. it is the 2 and 2 tuner type plus has a tilted back headstock like a LesPaul guitar. The tuning keys stuck out too far to close the top of the case and I didn't trust it .. returned it. Well this new EB Shorty seems like it would fit so I may try it again. Any experience or recommendations are appreciated. I looked at a number of gig bags and I think I would prefer a 'top loader'. The $269 is pricey for the Vertigo, they offer a sleeve type for $179 but the Vertigo looks worth it maybe??

Good protection for an instrument is worth it in my opinion but I thought I'd ask around because I'm not in a hurry. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 40765
Try a Warwick Rockbag. Its a bass not geetar bag but too short for a Fender Jazz. 4-string Warwick headstocks are 2 by 2. These are not rigid, but are heavily padded. They do weigh a bit extra.

Last edited:

Jef

I tried some of my guitar gigbags with my short scale Stingray and took some pictures.

It fits in the Mono Stealh (it's a top loader like the Vertigo):
Mono-Stealth-Guitar.jpg

It fits also in the Gator Transit if the top and bottom padding systems are removed:
Gator-Transit-Guitar.jpg

It does not fit in the Reunion Blues RBX:
Reunion-Blues-RBX-Guitar.jpg

I tried also some Bass gigbags.

It fits in the Mono Vertigo, the headstock is located just at the top of the headlock:
Mono-Vertigo-Bass.jpg

Mono-Vertigo-Bass-2.jpg

It does not fit in the Mono M80 Classic as the headlock is located at the same level as the headstock:
Mono-M80-Bass.jpg

Hope it helps ;)

Top Bottom