• There is a glitch in the forum software and/or configuration that we are still trying to track down. For now, please make sure that the title of your new thread does NOT start with a number (digits). Otherwise, your post will appear to be saved but future attempts to read it will be met with an error message indicating the thread/post cannot be found. ~ admin

I have an opportunity to get a 30th Anniversary MIAC (music industry association of Canada) Limited Edition EBMM Silhouette Special, in Cream, #9 of 30, as a trade for a 1999 Gretsch Anniversary, with Country Gentleman Bigsby. Gretsch is like new, with hardshell case, and goes for $2000. The Silhouette is as new, with hardshell case, and Certificate as well.

Is this a fair trade, and is this MM worth it?

Thank you for any feedback, quickly please, I only have a limited time to decide.

Attachments

• in the casesm.jpg
    in the casesm.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 764
  • verticalsm.jpg
    verticalsm.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 690

peterd79

The trade off seems a bit off - dollar wise... but i'll be honest i've lost my backside on a few trades to get what i wanted... it happens. At the end of the day would you be happy with the trade? it looks like a great guitar

browndog

I don’t know the price of those MIAC Silo’s but they are very nice & collectable.

I’d do it myself but thats just me. :)

fogman

The Silo would normally be priced lower, especially used.

Those Silos come up for sale every now and then. Rare, maybe. But not difficult to get your hands on.

I'd say make the trade plus $500 in your direction.

CHill

My thoughts are that the price is a little too high. That cream SSS Silhouette looks fantastic and the playability of any EBMM guitar that I have tried is simply amazing. I wont tell you what I paid for my Silhouette but I would be able to pick up an EBMM WAH, EBMM Volume and some other pedals for the difference. Check it out: Black HSH Silhouette

paranoid70

I guess the question is really how much can you get for the Gretch? If you think you can actually get $2000, I would probably sell it and get another EBMM guitar new.

andynpeters

Based on the 2nd hand values I have seen I would suggest you EBay the Gretsch & buy the Silhouette with the money. I assume you have done all the necessary research , as they are probably as different as 2 guitars can be.

Slav123

The Silo would normally be priced lower, especially used.

Those Silos come up for sale every now and then. Rare, maybe. But not difficult to get your hands on.

I'd say make the trade plus $500 in your direction.

+1, I noticed that the Silo doesn't come with the special edition G&G case.
Sell the Gretch on the bay like the others have suggested, buy the Silo and have some cash in your pocket.

Good luck!
Slav

Last edited:
deal or no deal

Well, thanks guys for your input. I have a lot of guitars, but no MMs. The Gretsch has been good to me, but I still have a Crafter Hollowbody, an Ibanez Artcore hollowbody, and 2 Canadian Godins, one a hollowbody ES125 style guitar (amazing) and a thin body acoustic. So I won't really miss the Gretsch too much.

As for solid-bodies, I have a Fender USA None More Black 2005 Custom Strat, a Fender USA Vintage '62 Jaguar, A Reverend Warhawk, 2 Les Pauls, so I probably wouldn't die without the MM either.

I think I'm going to go ahead with the trade, the guy says this guitar is pristine....we'll see.

Again, thanks for the advice.

BTW, the reason that I chose 2001Silhouette as my moniker is if I get this guitar, it'll be my second Silhouette. I already have a 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premier van, loaded to the gunnels.....I think having two will be cool.

CHill

Nice gear picture..looks like you have your room set up to hang many EBMM guitars. Once you play an EBMM you will be hooked and your room will soon have many. Enjoy!!

Well, I got it....

And I love it. It is truly pristine, I can't find any wear mark anywhere on it, and I looked close. It came with a Musicman case.....Gee-orgeous.

I'm playing it through my 2010 Vox AC30C2 (with Celestions). I now have a new sound. My Fender Strat Deluxe has a particular sound, My Godin ES125 style has a particular sound....and so on and so on.

And it came with strap locks, the COA, etc. Check out my photo album.

Thanks for all who said "get it". I did.

pearlredburst

you know, sometimes trading "down" (numbers wise) is a wise choice. I had a 10+ year old Bogner Ecstasy used and in rough shape. I traded it straight up for my Mark V this past summer and got a 5 year warranty out of the deal. Oh, and a TON of amp as well. haha.

As for you, nice guitar, pal...you'll love it!

Progdude

That Silo looks great! Id probably do it. But of coarse only if the amounts are more equal. That Silo reminds me of the YJM Fender. Id love to try a Scalloped EBMM Silo! That would rock!!!

divi240

If anybody owns one of these silhouettes, I would be very interested in purchasing one.

GWDavis28

If anybody owns one of these silhouettes, I would be very interested in purchasing one.

Holy thread resurrection!!! :eek:

Post this in the Wanted to Buy thread with a link to this thread, you'll probably get a better response.

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom