• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Roddy P

You'd need to send them the old neck. Is it an old or new guitar?

Glenn |B)
It’s not an EB, it’s a custom l built 5-6 years ago but am having a really hard time finding a replacement that fits all my requirements, not that my requirements are very unusual 🤷‍♂️ I’ve tried every “build a neck” site I can find. I’ve played EB/MM guitars and love the feel of the necks! I’ve been playing since I was 11-12 & am a GIT/MI grad so I’m rather knowledgeable about the subject. The only place I found one was Warmoth and they were very overpriced! Ridiculously Overpriced!

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
The only place I found one was Warmoth and they were very overpriced! Ridiculously Overpriced!
Warmoth is CHEAP compared to the price of a new neck from Music Man if you are out of warranty. They are eye-wateringly expensive! And as François correctly says, it will only ever be as an exchange for an existing neck. (FWIW, I think Warmoth are actually good value for money. I frequently look at them, thinking my old strat would be better with a new neck more than refret, and I don't think I'd ever get a non-Music Man neck from anyone else).

jayjayjay

Your best bet is probably to track down an EBMM that's been trashed somehow but still has a good neck, to use as a parts guitar. Otherwise, maybe find someone that has an EBMM you like and see if they'll let you take a few measurements of the neck carve, then have a luthier make you one to those specs. Most EBMM guitars are a 10" radius fretboard. The oil and wax finish can be applied to any neck - there are videos on YouTube that tell you how to do it.

Edit: I also suspect that a luthier who's capable of recreating the neck won't be cheap.

Top Bottom