• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

N4860

I haven't been around this forum too long, and I've only started a couple of threads here in the bass forum. You may have remembered a within the last few months when I had issues with the neck on my DD3 SR and then I needed some advice on getting the neck of my Bongo 6 back in shape after I got it in return for a trade.

Everything is all good now, and here's a family pic of my current MM basses:

20201030_232203-jpg.4036790

N4860

Nice! Love the Butterscotch and fretless!

I love those both too! That purple looking one on the couch in the middle is the newest addition which is the color shifting 'plumpkin' finish. Here is a good picture I took of it going from plum to pumpkin:

plumkin-6-jpg.4036624

danny-79

Nice collection. The colour shift is brilliant. I do really like that.
I need to do a family photo :D

N4860

The Plumpkin...it’s like 2 basses in 1!

Yeah, the Plumpkin is such a cool finish, and the photos I took and the stock ones on the website really don't do it justice. I hope they start doing some more finishes like that. An SR5 would be cool in that finish. Or even better, how about a Bongo or Big Al (one can dream, right)? One suggestion that I would have if they do more colour shifting finishes, is to upload a gif showing the shift in colour as opposed to just photos.

wannarock8

That is a quite impressive family photo! I see you grabbed a few BFR basses, as well as the cool Plumpkin Stingray from the vault. I was looking at that one yesterday. It says the SLO neck profile is slimmer and shallower than the standard neck profile. I love the feel of a 4 string with a very slim neck.

I just became an EBMM owner in August 2020, and after I got my first, I decided to get a BFR bass too. It's just stunning.

N4860

That is a quite impressive family photo! I see you grabbed a few BFR basses, as well as the cool Plumpkin Stingray from the vault. I was looking at that one yesterday. It says the SLO neck profile is slimmer and shallower than the standard neck profile. I love the feel of a 4 string with a very slim neck.

I just became an EBMM owner in August 2020, and after I got my first, I decided to get a BFR bass too. It's just stunning.

Congrats! Which BFR bass did you end up getting?

wannarock8

Congrats! Which BFR bass did you end up getting?

Last month I got the September 2020 satin honey burst BFR Bongo.
My first, which I got in August, is a fretless Bongo. Then a month later when the BFR satin honey burst Bongo came out, I was persuaded to get a fretted one too. It's a very unique and visually stunning bass.

danny-79

16080CB0-5D37-4FF1-935E-B23C82D23E50.jpg

Procrastinating for months to take a family photo and end up taking a bad photo.
No marks for photography skills but nice photo non the less.
Still. The frame looks a little empty. Have to work on that ! :p

xjbebop

Wow! Fabulous family you've got there! That 'plumkin' is an amazing finish, and I really dig the copperish glitter next to it.
Side note, the moose sheet is very cool! And is that a bit of 'protective' foil on the sofa leg?

N4860

Wow! Fabulous family you've got there! That 'plumkin' is an amazing finish, and I really dig the copperish glitter next to it.
Side note, the moose sheet is very cool! And is that a bit of 'protective' foil on the sofa leg?

Haha, yeah just picked up that loveseat this summer for my jam room in my basement and I have a couple of cats that like to sleep on it and scratch the sides so I put some foil on it to discourage them and the sheets help keep it a bit clean when I don't have people over.

drewk

Here’s some of my family, think the others were out that day!

Attachments

• F35B1F43-76BA-4F17-B96C-689D30D7D459.jpg
    F35B1F43-76BA-4F17-B96C-689D30D7D459.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 108

liverbird

Here’s some of my family, think the others were out that day!

Spectacular collection. Some very rare pieces too, that Inca Silver - nice!

Would love to see a pic of the 1976 as well - radio knobs on that one?

drewk

Thanks...
Here’s my ‘76 Radio knob Ray...
The ‘79 sabre also missing from the original pic, is thought to be only slab body pre EB sabre! ��

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 94
Top Bottom