• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Tollywood

Hello old friends. It’s good to be back on the forum. I couldn’t get into my original Tollie account so this is my new one.

My cover band only plays 80s rock, mostly hair band songs, and I’ve been playing my Axis Super Sports with the tremolo set up to float the way Luke does it. They are fantastic but I wanted a floating Floyd Rose so I bought this Morse Y2D with a Floyd. It arrives tomorrow.

11B14124-EB83-46E1-A92A-FCAF8AFEFE73.jpeg

92176631-FB70-4D7C-AA93-4C5049C514E8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tollywood

Over the past couple of years I have been reducing my collection. I got down to two Music Man Axis guitars and two Music Man StingRay fretless basses. I tried to look at them as tools as opposed to art that you can play.

These are the two Axii that I kept. So, pretty much art that you can play.

https://flic.kr/p/2o6e7gi

edhalen

Welcome back! Glad to see you in here! Great find! I really like the spalted ASS. Always admired those.

Tollywood

Thanks edhalen, it’s good to be back. I was avoiding forums because they inspire me to buy more gear. I will try to control myself. I have missed the community that we have here.

I just bought one piece of gear that I hope will improve my performance in the cover band. I have always played tube amps and used pedals but I basically have one tone, early 90s Van Halen, and I roll back the volume for clean parts. I picked up a rack mounted Helix because I love how you can have snapshots of tones that are just one button to step on that changes everything. The floor controller is back ordered so I haven’t figured out how to use the Helix yet.

Tollywood

The Morse plays great and it’s perfect in every way. The reason that I was willing to part with my Music Man collection is that I knew that the quality control at ebmm is so tight that there are no duds. I can always get another one and it will be perfect.

GoKart Mozart

Purple Sunset is such a cool color. Congrats!
Regarding your old account, send a message to "Moderith"; he should be able to regain access to your account. I had to bug him last year to combine my account from the early 2000s to my current one.

Top Bottom