• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bferris1391

Hey all,

I have been playing on a Bongo HH for the last year or so and it has generally been an amazing instrument, however, on a couple of gigs, I showed up and the bass would not put out any signal. Luckily I have a backup, but this was unsettling to run into at the gig. Weirdly, when I would return home and try the bass out again, it would be fine.

More recently, I've been using my other bass to gig for assurance but playing the bongo at home. While slapping on it a few days ago, I noticed the signal dropping in and out. As of today, it will only put out a signal at certain angles. I'm not sure how or why it's getting worse, but does anyone have any insight or experience with this? I'm afraid to open up the preamp myself because it's quite different from the ones in my j-bass that I'm used to.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

paramalingam

I have had a similar experience, not with my Bongo but with my Stingray. The wire contacts were loose at the battery terminal due to some oxidation, Fixed that and my Stingray has worked fine ever since.

Top Bottom