• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

TXLefty

Hi folks - I am new to the forum here. I have a good number of lefty guitars, but no MM! I like a lot of things about the Albert model, but I don't see any info on if they are offered lefty.

By the way, any fellow lefty players feel free to say hello here! I am always interested in good lefty electrics so let me know if you are thinking of parting with one :)

leftyguitarblue

Whats up fellow southpaw. Welcome to the forums! EBMM makes 3 guitars available for us lefties. Silhouette Special, Axis Super Sport, and the best guitar ever (till they make a lefty JP :p) the Luke.

leftyguitarblue

if you want a lefty asap, goto drumcityguitarland.com, they have 4 in stock otherwise, you can place an order for one. I just ordered a silo special from a fellow forumite names JeffreyB. He works for yeoldemusicshop.com. Great guy, great deal. There are a lot of great people here, even a few lefties believe it or not. Another dealer I've heard about through his great repuation here is Pete Dubaldo at Dubaldomusic.com. I've never dealt with him, but have heard great things. Stick around, lots of fun and info here.

Last edited:

TXLefty

Thanks LeftyGB! Bummer the Albert model is not offered in lefty :( That is the one that attracts me most right now since it is somewhat of a Tele/Strat hybrid. Many years ago I did have a custom Strat style axe built by Gary Brawer in San Francisco (great guitar repair guy, and still Satch's main tech I believe). I actually had it built with Steve Lukather in mind long before MM came out with the Luke model, it has EMGs, a sunken Floyd and a super fast neck. Its still a great guitar and probably makes the MM Luke guitar somewhat redundant for me. Anyway, I am getting more into the chicken pickin thing these days and just looking for something a bit different. Teles and G&L ASATs are cool, but the Albert seems very interesting.

I'll check out the store links - Thanks!

brasco68

Welcome! Always great to have another southpaw in the house!

Like LGB above said...the AL isn't offered for us lefties...but anyone on the forum that owns an AL will tell you...it's a Strat killer..a personal favorite of many on here. I hope to play one someday!

Here is a link to a dealer I purchased one of my guitars from (scroll down towards the bottom of the page once you open the link)...they have some left handed Music Man guitars that may interest you.

Product Categories

Last edited:

leftyguitarblue

Call Paul McCartney. He's got the only lefty AL I've ever seen ;)

mac02.jpg

HE gets one?!!? who's he??
:p

TXLefty

Thanks for the replies - nice to meet some other lefty players! Looks like I'll be going to NAMM so maybe they'll have a few lefty models to check out.

A bit of trivia for you lefties... did you know Steve Morse is actually a lefty? I've seen where he stated that he was glad he learned to play "righty" since he now feels that it is actually more advantageous having his dominant (left) hand be used for fingering. Maybe he is correct? Although he has about the best picking chops of about anyone I have ever seen, so how do you account for that :confused:

leftyguitarblue

TRY TO TEACH HER RIGHTY!!!! I think we've had this conversation before in another thread. if she is young enough, she won't know the difference. then again, i have such a fascination with guitars, I'd be broke if I were a righty. :D

leftyguitarblue

Thanks for the replies - nice to meet some other lefty players! Looks like I'll be going to NAMM so maybe they'll have a few lefty models to check out.

A bit of trivia for you lefties... did you know Steve Morse is actually a lefty? I've seen where he stated that he was glad he learned to play "righty" since he now feels that it is actually more advantageous having his dominant (left) hand be used for fingering. Maybe he is correct? Although he has about the best picking chops of about anyone I have ever seen, so how do you account for that :confused:

I never knew that. interesting. I tried, really hard, to play righty. It just didn't feel right. Lefty was just so natural to me.

banjoplayer

just to refer to the title: AL is NOT offered left-handed

regarding Stev Morse: Who can tell which one is his "stronger " hand: I think: The right one, he´s the biggest alternate picker. Would he be, if playing left-handed? Maybe we have to see it this way?

TimSz

Big surprise...

I knew there would be more people asking for a lefty AL. I've been hounding Beth in every single email exchange we've had. I mean, come on... what has Paul McCartney dones for music? It's not like he was in the Beatles or anything! Why the hell does HE get one? That bastard.

Furthermore, not a surprise that mention on a left handed Petrucci guitar made it into this thread... tsk tsk tsk. Some folks never learn. Hahahahahahaha.

Maybe one day if we bitch enough and get Albert in on it (I had my boss tell him to get on some asses to get one made when she met him at NAMM) we will see an AL. They DO all ready have the template for a left handed one, and it's not like it comes with a special bridge like the JP6. It's just a left handed version of a sexy strat killer. That's all!

I think we should officially start the LHAL movement. We all know what it is. Throw it in your signature. Mine's there!

TonyEVH5150

Very cool!! I use the same principle, since I'm a lefty. I had hoped that it would give me a faster fretting hand. still working on it after 15 years . . .. .

J-Nick

Another lefty here and I would looove to have a lefty AL :) I guess we still have a pretty good choice with all the different options available on the super sport and sil spec, but the AL gets such good reviews from everyone trying it... maybe one day

Top Bottom