• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

stealth

im interested in exactly which pickups are described here in this recent guitar world article.

this is a quote from this forum:

"That was a switch that occurred around 2005. Prior to that in the EBMM JP6 the original configuration featured a neck pickup similar to Air Norton and a bridge pickup similar to a Steve's Special."

does 'similar' mean they were custom - not actual dimarzio production models? i understand the middle pickup position uses the inside coils in parallel to create this strat like clean sound.

Lax

You're right about the pickups styles but are you sure old jp6 were splitting coils in middle position?

PeteDuBaldo

Yes the JP have had split coils in the center position since 2001!
Note: even his old Ibanez models had this switching scheme.

The originally pickups were almost identical to the Steve's Special and Air Norton, but featured hex screws for all pole pieces. I'm not sure whether or not there were any differences in the windings.

I've got one of the very first jp6 guitars (June 2001, a loaded Blue Dawn with the first 100 hand signed headstock, and those pickups sound incredible. It was my first Music Man guitar and won't be going anywhere.

Unusual

Yes the JP have had split coils in the center position since 2001!
Note: even his old Ibanez models had this switching scheme.

The originally pickups were almost identical to the Steve's Special and Air Norton, but featured hex screws for all pole pieces. I'm not sure whether or not there were any differences in the windings.

I've got one of the very first jp6 guitars (June 2001, a loaded Blue Dawn with the first 100 hand signed headstock, and those pickups sound incredible. It was my first Music Man guitar and won't be going anywhere.
The 2005 JP6 you sold me in Egyptian Smoke has these pickups also!

Top Bottom