• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

RichD

Hi...I looked through some old threads but wanted to ask the question again now that the newer version of Liii have been out a while.

I have a 2018 Liii in Bodhi Blue and I love it however I do find the Transitions are a little muddy at times. Are there any new thoughts or ideas on what aftermarket pups are closest to the new Dudley pups in today's Liii's?

Many thanks in advance.

racerx

Did you reach out to customer service to see if they would do a swap? AFAIK they may not sell them straight up but maybe its worth asking? I love the newer pups in my L3 and its the best of my bunch in my opinion. I don't really know aftermarket stuff all that well to make a recommendation unfortunately.

RichD

I have not but that's a great idea and I sure will! Tx for the reply.

Rbg

Not 100% related to where to get those, but I have my new HH LIII and also have the transition in the bridge of a superstrat. MM pickups are cleaner yes, but they are much more sensitive to picking up all the noises and touching the strings and/or knocks on the guitar body. They are also more sensitive to hum, but that can be due to the preamp and the gains there as the transition is fully passive.

TheSash

I have booth, a Luke III with Transition Pickups and twoLIII with the MM Pickups.
I prefer the MM Pickups by far.
They are much more open and clearer sounding with more string definition.

But keep in mind that the Dimarzio Pickips do ha be a smaller routing, so the MM pickups won’t fit without some modifications in the guitar or pickups.

Top Bottom