• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Rivers

Hi, does anyone know where I can purchase replacement 4L/2R locking tuners (aside from the original store). I made a search on Google and 4L/2R tuners didn't come up so am wondering if the standard 6L tuners would fit in my Axis Super Sport?

Thanks!

loocnmad

I have Gotoh 510's on all my EBMM's but nobody has them in stock. I was able to order a set of 4x2's through Philadelphia Luthier. Think it took around 8-10 weeks to get them.

skelt101

I have Gotoh 510's on all my EBMM's but nobody has them in stock. I was able to order a set of 4x2's through Philadelphia Luthier. Think it took around 8-10 weeks to get them.
I replaced a set of Grover Rotomatics on my SG with a set of Gotoh 510s. Nicest set of tuners I've ever used! (y)

Rivers

Does anyone know how many mm the tuner holes are on an Axis Super Sport? I am looking at a set that will drop-in without having to ream the holes. I emailed hipshot and got the following reply:

First we need to figure the headstock hole size by taking a string and a tuner off.

We don't sell 4+2 sets but you can order individual tuners to make up your set (this means no UMP, you will have to drill new mounting holes): Search: 7 results found for "guitar tuner individual"

If the holes are 6mm then you would have to ream the holes out to at least 8.5mm to use our tuners.

Rivers

Alternatively, check out Graphtech's Ratio tuners, which they have in 4+2 configurations:

You can also order from Schaller, who makes EBMM's tuners.
Would you know if they drop in as a direct replacement? Thanks

Last edited:

skelt101

Does anyone know how many mm the tuner holes are on an Axis Super Sport? I am looking at a set that will drop-in without having to ream the holes. I emailed hipshot and got the following reply:
To my knowledge, Schaller tuners (like EBMM uses on the Axis Super Sport) require a 10mm hole.

Top Bottom