• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Grand Wazoo

I guess I'll work from home today

The authorities being totally unprepared for this once again and we've been covered all over by the white stuff since yesterday late afternoon, now.. my road is not a main road so it's not been gritted, which means I won't be going anywhere this morning. I am stranded indoors! HELP!

DSC01440.jpg

DSC01441.jpg

DSC01442.jpg

CaptEO

WOW Capt!

I lived in London for 3 years and we only had 1 snow (if that's what you'd call it). I remember the kids going into their neighbors' gardens and collecting as much snow as they could just to make the most 'pitiful looking' snowmen.

I'm pretty sure everyone is pretty shocked...I know I would be. If it gets worse, please post more pics as I'd love to see them.

So what part of London are you in Capt?

EO

CaptEO

Cool!
I lived in Forest Gate for 3 years...GO WEST HAM! Actually right off of Green Street.

I went to Uni in South Norwood as well while I was there.

EO

CaptEO

SUP Bungo!

Wish I knew some of you guys when I was living there.
So Bungo...do you live in the East End?

EO

Jim_F

Not far from you Captain - I get to Greenwich pretty regularly.
I am 'working from home' too, all trains and buses into London have been cancelled from the south east due to the heavy snow ...

IMG_0104.jpg

T-bone

I was watching a football game yesterday (I can't remember which one - Liverpool?) and noticed it was snowing. First time I think I've ever seen that. Does it snow there very often?

tbone

Jimmyb

I was watching a football game yesterday (I can't remember which one - Liverpool?) and noticed it was snowing. First time I think I've ever seen that. Does it snow there very often?

tbone

Yeah, about once every 5 years. Then, when London has more than 1 inch of snow, the whole country seems to have to close!!!

Grand Wazoo

You guys... if there is one thing I don't follow with any interest whatsoever, that has to be those 22 blokes trying to kick a ball in each other's goal. Talk to me about Formula 1 cars, WRC Rally, MotoGP, BSB Superbikes, and any other adrenaline vs. engine sport like Motocross, Supermoto and Speedway, and you have my attention, but football? p-lease! :D I can think of many many subjects other than football to hijack a thread hehe.
Cheers

T-bone

You don't like watching a bunch of men running around in their shorts? In the snow?? What kind of an Englishman are you??? :D

Now I'll admit, mixing internal combustion and snow can be a lot of fun. However, coming from the NW corner of America, I much prefer a freshly waxed pair of skiis and a steep slope.

See, we're keeping it within the snow topic. ;)

tbone

Bungo

SUP Bungo!

Wish I knew some of you guys when I was living there.
So Bungo...do you live in the East End?

No, due to bad planning I'm over in SW London, but I do get to games regularly (we've got Man Utd on Sunday), and consequently know the E6/E13 area pretty well.

Living off Green Street would have been pretty handy for games! :D

Did you get to many?

CaptEO

Yeah, I lived in E13.

And your right, I could walk to the games if I wanted to.

As far as going to a game, I have to admit, I never got to a game, as I didn't really get into Football while I was over there until the last year I was there. By then I was so busy I didn't even have the time. But I don't have to tell you, those West Ham supporters are NUTS and Hardcore. I was a bit 'scared' to go to a game as a American...I didn't think I could keep up with them. But I did go to an event at the stadium and got to get a private tour out to the pitch. It was pretty cool. They sure have a loyal following among all those Cockneys.

Now that I'm talking about my time in London, it's making me miss the ONE SPORT I truly fell in love with while I was there. SNOOKER!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVED Playing it and WATCHING it. Since I've been back in the States, I can't stand not having a place to play it and trying to watch a Snooker match is nearly impossible.

Man you guys got me missin London. Maybe I'll have to try to make it out to one of your UK EBMM bashes sometime!!!

EO

Bungo

...Just to make it worse for you, there is a UK bash happening on the 13th June, AND it's in Docklands, only a few miles from Upton Park!:cool:

Mind you, it is in the off season so there won't be any football happening around that time.

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/ernie-ball-special-events/35181-uk-knucklehead-bash-2009-a.html

If you do come back you must go to a match. The fans are all pretty friendly really (as long as you don't come supporting Tottenham or Chelsea!;))

Hope to see you over here sometime.:)

MrMusashi

true that!
and dont ever like beckham either... gheheh

MrM

ps: fell 1 foot snow here in a cpl of hours yesterday.. only a 20 min delay to get home through rush traffic, but then again.. we have winter 50% of the year.. id presume we should be used to snow.. hehe

Jimmyb

Man U might be the embodiment of all evil, but at least they're from the right part of the country!!

Top Bottom