• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Virtuoso

Thanks to Pat Wilkins for a great refin on my Luke!

A couple of years ago, my wife bought me a Luke II, which I was surprised by as I already had a few. "Well, I knew you liked them..." she said. I didn't really like the color to be honest, so it stayed mostly unplayed, but on impulse I sent it to Pat to see if he could match the Lime Gold color of a Parker that I used to own. I think he nailed it!

The only question is, do I replace the hardware with black or leave it as it is? :cool:

And some of the screws on the backplate somehow came back silver instead of black. Does anyone know where I can get the correct size black screws?

Before:
attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Luke_Lime_Gold1.jpg
    Luke_Lime_Gold1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 309
  • Luke_Lime_Gold2.jpg
    Luke_Lime_Gold2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 311
  • Luke Blue.jpg
    Luke Blue.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

kimonostereo

What a beauty! Leave the hardware. Contact Music Man customer service to get the correct screws if you can't find them locally.

Craiguitar

I still think at the original Luke Blue on the Luke 2’s is the best colour. I think it was supposed to be the same as the colour as the Porsche that Luke owned at the time around 1997.

Years before that though, my first guitar was a cheap Strat copy that I did a really crappy respray job on, and I’m certain that the colour I chose was strikingly similar to what the Luke blue shade looks like.

Top Bottom