• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Crossroads

While doing a search on 20th Anniversary I've seen a number of issues from unbalanced volumes between PUs, piezo issues, so I am just wondering would I be better off ordering a Majesty or Anniversary Edition.

Other than the gold hardware and the laser etched backplate, I haven't seen much difference so what would be your choice?

Also I have not seen anywhere what the total number of Anniversary models being produced? Does anyone know?

Thanks
KC

Lax

I like the color of the anniversary model and it's the most golden details you can get on a majesty, but like you I read lots of things here and there, but it was mostly a badly cut nut grooves leading to tuning stability issues or noises (not a big deal).

In my case I would get any v2 preamp (after mid 2019) majesty which color pleases and inspires me.

Crossroads

That is when the new version 2 preamp was released. If you prefer the colors on earlier models you could always get one of those and then upgrade it to the v2 preamp from EBMM.
Any way to tell if it has V2? I've looked online and currently don't see any way. Wondering if the build code or something on the guitar might tell you. I am looking at one from August 2019.

PeteDuBaldo

August 2019 should be V2. If you look at the rear control cavity cover the v2 has a 5th small hole, offset from the 4 holes in line, labeled "mono/stereo" - through that hole is a tiny push/push switch on the PCB that is used to change/toggle modes of the output jack to separate (stereo) or combine (mono) the piezo signal with the magnetic pickups. Previously this feature was toggled by pressing and holding the piezo volume knob.

Crossroads

Thanks Guys. So the V2 solves the issue with the hold the piezo knob thing. Seems like they eliminated some P to P wiring as well.

So if I have this right
Majesty V2 I can use either stereo or mono cable, and I will get mono. but to activate stereo I have to use stereo cable and switch modes?

JP15 I can use mono cable in either jack but for stereo need stereo cable in stereo jack.

Looks like only V2 preamp was on Majesty not JP15

Do I have this right

Thanks
KC

V2 electronics

Lax

Both jp15 and majesty have a sole output, so the mono/stereo management is the same.
You either use a mono cable in mono mode or a stereo cable with a splitter in stereo mode.

The jp12 is the last one having two outputs, used with a single mono cable, two mono cables or a stereo cable and a splitter.

PeteDuBaldo

Both jp15 and majesty have a sole output, so the mono/stereo management is the same.
You either use a mono cable in mono mode or a stereo cable with a splitter in stereo mode.

The jp12 is the last one having two outputs, used with a single mono cable, two mono cables or a stereo cable and a splitter.

No, the JP15 still has dual jacks.

What you may be thinking of is that the JP12 was the last model to _not_ feature a preamp/boost on the magnetic pickups.

Crossroads

Thanks. Yeah the JP15 is a 2021 piledriver. It has two outputs. My bigger concern was putting the wrong cable in the wrong jack, but I don't believe it causes an issue.

Lax

Oh sorry, I am very surprised they got dual outputs after the jp12 !
I was pretty sure it was dito majesties because people said you can't operate them without a battery, thing that you can do with pre-2013 models.
I was so focused on majesty models that I didn't see that :)

Top Bottom