• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Jawknee5

So yesterday I was messing around with my attenuator I just got, initially was playing my Les Paul Traditional since it’s new and shiny. Everything was good, sounding great.

I switched to my Majesty (2019 BFR Dargie, bought new in march 2022 from Guitar Center) since it had been a week or two since I played it due to NGD syndrome.

It worked for about 20 seconds- I switched to the magnetic pickups from the piezo- and I got sound for under 5 seconds and it died. No sound- aside from a slight noise when I activate the piezo switch.

I’ve replaced the batteries even though they were new two weeks ago. I’ve tried a reset( removed batteries, cable plugged in for 10, put in batteries). No luck

I’ve pulled the back panel off and checked for corrosion or burns in the PCB l, everything looks clean and new,

I’ve activated all switches, pots, push push buttons- not a noise or sound out of it.

I’ve also tried to activate the mono/stereo button just to make sure it didn’t accidentally somehow get pushed, but nothing.

It really sucks that I’ve had it for under a year and it’s already dead.

So what’s the next step? Do I send it to MM it should I take it to GC and have them fix it?

racerx

Support should be able to set you straight, here is their contact info - MM Contact Info: Contact

I had a similar issue and had to get my board swapped out for the newer version then everything was perfect.

Jawknee5

Support should be able to set you straight, here is their contact info - MM Contact Info: Contact

I had a similar issue and had to get my board swapped out for the newer version then everything was perfect.
So was it a fix it yourself solution, or did you have to send it to them?

racerx

They sent me the board and I had a tech replace it. You could yourself if you’re handy but I didn’t want to chance it. They could possibly do it too but I didn’t want to wait and deal with shipping across the country back and forth.

Jawknee5

They sent me the board and I had a tech replace it. You could yourself if you’re handy but I didn’t want to chance it. They could possibly do it too but I didn’t want to wait and deal with shipping across the country back and forth.
That’s the thing. I could do it, but I don’t feel like I should be fixing my own guitar under warranty.

Just like I wouldn’t be fixing my own car if it was under warranty. Looks like they pay for shipping and return shipping. So I’ll see what they say and see what happens.

Top Bottom