• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

carlito7

Hello,

I play Music Man Luke II since 5 years, everything was fine until last days. I noticed my tremolo arm began to be little bit stiffy and move with some kind of resistance. When I try to put it inside the bridge, there is no characteristic "locking" sound also. I think my tremolo arm has bent but I can't straighten it to get it working properly. I found tremolo arm for Luke model on MusicMan online shop, but there is no info about compatibility with Luke 2 model, only about Luke 3.

Does anybody know if this arm is fine for Luke 2 model? Music Man Tremolo Arm - 3/16

Thanks.

dibart77

Contact EBMM Customer Service and they'll tell you if that one works, or they'll tell you the right one, and the best way to purchase it from Poland. That's the best way to ensure you've got it right.

tbonesullivan

Are you sure that the arm is bent? You should be able to see that with your eyes. It's also possible that there is an issue with the retaining spring, or even that something has fallen down the hole, so it get stuck.

carlito7

Are you sure that the arm is bent? You should be able to see that with your eyes. It's also possible that there is an issue with the retaining spring, or even that something has fallen down the hole, so it get stuck.
Yes, this bent is visible. It is not as much, because I can put it inside the bridge almost to the end, but in some moment it starts to resist and arm is stiff. I am not luthier, but I hope it is not a problem with arm hole. Bridge works properly, I do not think it is a problem with bridge or its spring. Arm hole is clear, I have check it with flashlight - looks ok. I wrote to Customer Service, but i am still waiting for response. Best way would be to check it with another tremolo arm, but unfortunetly no one of my friends have MM Luke :( It is impossible to buy that arm anywhere online, only Music Man online shop :(
I wonder if something similar has ever happened to anyone else :unsure:

Mairon César

Behind the tremolo there is a small screw that adjusts the lever lock. Have you checked the same?
At first it is possible to visualize the same triggering the tremolo forward and looking below the structure

Craiguitar

It depend On the age of your Luke 2. The older ones had a smaller trem arm. They are interchangeable, but the longer LIII arms, I thought are a bit too long for the smaller bodied Luke 2. However, more recent Luke 2’s also have the longer arm, so it’s perhaps not a big deal. See the attached photo to see the difference.

83A50CC1-D389-4621-A323-4914FF788D26.jpeg

Top Bottom