• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Spud-tacular

Hey folks!
So around a month ago I bought myself one of these fine guitars and I love it. Unfortunately it seems I’ve had to adjust the truss rod twice in the last week. So I was wondering if this would be normal maintenance (for this model guitar) or does it settle over time or? I am under the impression this would be a set it and forget for a while.

Some side notes...
Previous owner had it In storage A few years but It had setup before shipped to me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :D

Thank you for taking the time!

johnnyboogie

Depends on the environmental conditions obviously.

It's quite common for a guitar to require an adjustment period.

I wouldn't worry about it. Keep adjusting it and it will settle. Enjoy it above all and congratulations!!

Spud-tacular

Depends on the environmental conditions obviously.

It's quite common for a guitar to require an adjustment period.

I wouldn't worry about it. Keep adjusting it and it will settle. Enjoy it above all and congratulations!!

Thank you for your input! I appreciate the positive words. I will continue to adjust as needed and see if it settles down.

Mace13

Just confirming, that yes, it is normal for it to settle after a month or two. So, several adjustments may be needed over a week or three until the neck becomes stable. I've found that to be the case with several guitars of different makes and neck types.

Top Bottom