• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

cbc83

This is really an appreciation thread. I used to play a Parker Fly Deluxe for 15+ years and loved it. It made it hard to play other guitars, since it was so playable, light, innovative etc. However, I always found the tone lacking.

That got sorted with my JPXI. Same playability (those SS frets and ebony fretboard + flat radius is the closest I've ever gotten to a Parker Fly neck on a 'conventional' guitar), but boatloads of sweet tone. And the craftmanship is insane.

I recently spent a weekend in a pro studio with my band, and though I did cave and played some rythm parts on a Les Paul and Telecaster, the guitars just felt clumsy, awkward and 'ancient'. The JPXI was a joy and delivered versatility and some impressive punch and clarity on distorted sections.

I no longer own the Parker Fly. I have an old JP6 as a backup, but I actually stopped looking at guitar classifieds, an old 'hobby' of mine.

All I'm tempted by now are the newer Majestys.... :p

xjbebop

Totally understand how you feel!
BTW, the Majesty is about the closest ergonomics & feel to a Parker Fly that I've ever found... (without the annoying 'elbow' in your chest) - you'll love it!

jlf599

I bought a used Blue Dawn Axis about 3 months ago...my 4th EBMM arrives Thursday. (2 used Axis, 1 new Luke, and the new one is a used Axis SuperSport).

It's bad. It's so very bad.

GWDavis28

I bought a used Blue Dawn Axis about 3 months ago...my 4th EBMM arrives Thursday. (2 used Axis, 1 new Luke, and the new one is a used Axis SuperSport).

It's bad. It's so very bad.

It happens till the funds dry up. Congrats on the Blue Dawn Axis, is it an original or a 2007 LE?

Glenn |B)

tj1

I went thru a couple of other guitars before finding a Silo special that seems to strike the right balance between build quality, 'standard' versatility and playing comfort, so no longer have any real desire to burn myself on other custom shop guitars. I agree the Petrucci majesty looks like an interesting, possibly mold breaking one if I wanted to truely get in touch with collecting and my credit card companies. The thing the MM does not seems to do is 'retro heritage', so still gassing for a custom shop Gibson, although quite why I want an exact copy of a guitar that was designed 61 years ago I am not quite sure.

jlf599

It happens till the funds dry up. Congrats on the Blue Dawn Axis, is it an original or a 2007 LE?

Glenn |B)

The Blue Dawn Axis is a 2002...the SuperSport coming Thursday is a 2007 LE Blue Dawn hardtail.

J

RAIN27

This is really an appreciation thread. I used to play a Parker Fly Deluxe for 15+ years and loved it. It made it hard to play other guitars, since it was so playable, light, innovative etc. However, I always found the tone lacking.
That got sorted with my JPXI. Same playability (those SS frets and ebony fretboard + flat radius is the closest I've ever gotten to a Parker Fly neck on a 'conventional' guitar), but boatloads of sweet tone. And the craftmanship is insane.

I recently spent a weekend in a pro studio with my band, and though I did cave and played some rythm parts on a Les Paul and Telecaster, the guitars just felt clumsy, awkward and 'ancient'. The JPXI was a joy and delivered versatility and some impressive punch and clarity on distorted sections.

I no longer own the Parker Fly. I have an old JP6 as a backup, but I actually stopped looking at guitar classifieds, an old 'hobby' of mine.

All I'm tempted by now are the newer Majestys.... :p

Agreed, my JPXI is my favorite of all my JP's. My 2-JP12's are a close second. Definitely play the Majesty's, my Majesty Arctic Dream is a nice guitar, but I like the Thin 20MM Neck Profile of the JPXI and JP12's way better....
All my other guitars, from different Companies, just don't compare...

dibart77

Sorry you have caught the EBMM disease. There is no cure :)

Disease? Why, I don't know what on earth you're talking about, Jamie...

uhaul.jpg

TripHazard

I like to think that photo is from inside a bunker six stories underground and you have to pass a armed guard, a biometric lock and a Pap smear to gain access :)

dibart77

If you ever feel the need to de-clutter, please let me know, I can help!

I like to think that photo is from inside a bunker six stories underground and you have to pass a armed guard, a biometric lock and a Pap smear to gain access :)

LOL, it's from when I moved to the new studio last year. I rented the biggest UHaul and it was 3/4 filled just with guitars. The studio racks went behind the guitars and I could barely shut the door on the truck. So... yes, it's a disease.

JasonT

Welcome to the club. We’ ve all seen the light.

Jeff - that’s just amazing! Great photo.

Top Bottom