• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Joe Peden

An issue I'm having right now is the quality of the neck joint on my Sterling by Musicman LK100 model. Its brand new and feels fantastic but when I was putting new strings on it I heard a noise and the low E string felt like it slipped. When I took the neck off to investigate I found the neck had cracked in the pocket and the two fowls holding the neck looked like they'd been hit with a hammer. It's an Indonesia model but you would would expect better. The issue I have now is Musicman aren't interested in helping me as I took the neck off to look for myself. Any advice would be welcome.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Hi and welcome to the forum! Talk to the store you bought it from. In the UK your warranty is with them and they will look after you. (Also note Music Man are not responsible for Sterling instruments, they are separate entities). If you do not have a valid warranty, there are plenty of excellent luthiers in the UK who will be able to do an excellent repair. Ask at your local music stores and local pro musicians for reccomendations.

Top Bottom