• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

nickdanger

was so excited I had to make this a new thread, instead of posting it in one of the many Al threads...

so this is it! sonic blue finish, rosewood fretboard, and two humbuckers. all things not traditionally available on Albert Lee guitars. the pickups are straight out of the Axis Super Sport, which are custom wound DiMarzios (EVH may have had something to do with designing these...) except the bobbins aren't zebra striped. I had them get two completely different colored pickups. One black, one white.

can't wait till this thing is in my hands. it'll be the coolest, most practical guitar I've ever owned. I was looking to recreate the look of old mustangs/jaguars, kinda like kurt cobain played. the color scheme is also very close to rivers from weezer's early warmoth strat copy guitar. just thought i'd grunge up the classic MM look a little bit. looks super vintage and modern at the same time.

Thanks EB/MM.. you guys rule. I'll be thinking of more color schemes... sunburst is next!

Go to THE SWELLERS (NEW SONG & TOUR DATES!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads to find our tourdates with Paramore across the US.. you'll see this sucker in action!

-Nick Diener and The Swellers

GWDavis28

NICK, DUDE!!!!!! FRIGGIN AWESOME, LOVE THE COLOR MAN!!!!!

Sunburst, come on Nick Orange Sparkle man!!!

Glenn |B)

paranoid70

Nice color. It does look very vintage. The only thing that would make it look even cooler would be metal covers for the pickups.

nickdanger

thanks a lot, guys! I'm definitely considering getting covered pickups on my next one. after seeing those BP Als.. man. the body style, solid color, and chrome knobs/pickups remind me of those corvette les pauls they had for awhile. way too awesome.

GWDavis28

thanks a lot, guys! I'm definitely considering getting covered pickups on my next one. after seeing those BP Als.. man. the body style, solid color, and chrome knobs/pickups remind me of those corvette les pauls they had for awhile. way too awesome.

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn |B)

spkirby

Gorgeous... that should (must!) become a standard colour offering.

Brian

Ernie Ball Customer Service
I'd like say how proud I am of Nick and his band.

I met Nick when I believe they were 15 and signed up for the Battle of the Bands. I loved the song they wrote and selected them to play live on our stage in Detroit. I've had the great opportunity to meet Nick's family, and even spent a nice day in Detroit with them while I was there judging emergenza. We've kept in touch over the years, and I've watched Nick grow as a player and watched his band's increase its level of exposure each year.

Fast forward to this year, They were recently signed to Fueled by Ramen / Atlantic Records (paramore, fall out boy, panic at the disco) and are going out on a huge US tour with Paramore (fellow EB endorsees!)
Congrats Nick, you guys busted your tails off and Im very proud of The you, jonathan, and the band. Have a great tour!

Top Bottom