• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Century_road

Hey all!
My name is Dave (forum name Century Road is my band) and I just purchased my first MM products. They are a Sterling by Music Man Majesty in Cerulean Paradise and a Sterling by Music Man JP150D in Blood Orange Burst (being delivered this week).

Would love to post them up when the JP arrives but I haven’t seen anything regarding Sterling products in the FAQ’s, rules, etc. Just want to make sure SBMM is permitted here with the rest of ya’ll.

Thanks!

Century_road

@GWDavis28 @mantrarock @TripHazard

Thank you guys!! Well below are a few pics since the JP150D arrived today.

A1B6366F-E63B-4FC5-AF3A-C8826D35E1DC.jpeg
EED82B86-DD34-408C-AE1F-0CA984ABDFDE.jpeg
262DCB9B-2332-498D-BFEF-BDFDA8345F71.jpeg
F4DF71B7-4F37-41D3-8CAE-1C0294D37DE1.jpeg C84A006D-7113-4DE4-8814-B0A9CDFA144B.jpeg

Here is a question for some of you guys…

The JP was purchased off Reverb. In fine condition, needs some tech work I’m about to get to, BUT the original pick ups were removed then put back in. They *seem* a bit low compared to the Majesty. I know since they are direct mount the height is pretty much set, but does anyone know how high from the factory they should be? Assuming SB/EBMM JP’s should have similar if not the same specs? Thanks guys!

jayjayjay

The JP was purchased off Reverb. In fine condition, needs some tech work I’m about to get to, BUT the original pick ups were removed then put back in. They *seem* a bit low compared to the Majesty. I know since they are direct mount the height is pretty much set, but does anyone know how high from the factory they should be? Assuming SB/EBMM JP’s should have similar if not the same specs? Thanks guys!

Rather than worry about factory specs, I'd just set the pickup height to where it gives you the sound and power you want. If you feel the pickups are too quiet, raise them. If you start getting warbling, lower them.

Century_road

Rather than worry about factory specs, I'd just set the pickup height to where it gives you the sound and power you want. If you feel the pickups are too quiet, raise them. If you start getting warbling, lower them.
I actually found the issue, it seems that particular pick up screw hole has been stripped close to the body, so when putting the factory screw back in, it only grabs all the way down. Previous owner put other PU’s in them put the DiMarzio back. All good. Previous owner did add a push/push coil split in the tone pot though!

Century_road

Mate! those are stunning guitars. That JP150D is especially gorgeous
Thanks my man! I wasn’t even necessarily looking to buy another so soon, but as I was scrolling through Reverb I saw this listing and was like “yep that’s the one”! Haven’t seen too many of the spalted tops with this much detail. So glad I grabbed it. Was able to order a regular JP hard case from EB directly so that should be here next week.

TripHazard

You did right jumping on that one when the opportunity was there and the timing was right. Spalted tops are so varied. Some look over done, some look to weak, but when you find Goldilocks, nothing can beat its figuring IMO. Which pickups are in this one now?

Century_road

You did right jumping on that one when the opportunity was there and the timing was right. Spalted tops are so varied. Some look over done, some look to weak, but when you find Goldilocks, nothing can beat its figuring IMO. Which pickups are in this one now?
The previous owner put back both the DiMarzio Crunch Lab and Liquifier PU’s before it made its way to me. They are great. I have an EVH Wolfgang, PRS Tremonti SE, and both these SBMM’s. They each have their own character but are in the general ballpark sound wise. Everything is tuned to something different as well. My vocalist has been into what I’ve been writing in drop C and drop C# lately so it’s nice to have performance options. Keeps our engineer on his toes as well lol. Can’t wait to get a few songs tracked with these.

Top Bottom