• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

racerx

Not a bassist, but saw those, they seem really nice.

It's no suprise that the purple one is leading the exodus! Hmmmmm.... wonder if there's a 'Plum Crazy' guitar in the works.

I was going to order the purple strictly because of the ebony board but I already have a purple Ray. I went for blue instead. I’ve heard a lot of great things so I’m excited to try it out.

If there’s a plum crazy StingRay RS/HT then I might need to sell a kidney.

Buzz Verde

I was going to order the purple strictly because of the ebony board but I already have a purple Ray. I went for blue instead. I’ve heard a lot of great things so I’m excited to try it out.

If there’s a plum crazy StingRay RS/HT then I might need to sell a kidney.
Post a pic! That blue looks great online (like a perfect Lake Placid Blue), but I'm curious to see the end user's pictures.

racerx

Ok as promised - I'm no pro photographer but tried to capture it in typical indoor lighting.

Here are my first impressions in no particular order:

* Pack job was good
* Still ships in the hardshell case (not converted to Mono yet)
* I see most of the Shorty models are advertised with a "Certificate" but the Vincent Blue model is not (maybe this becomes a regular production model?) - mine is no exception, no COA
* Typical case candy/tags
* Fit/finish is flawless as always, no scratches, dings, runs. The fretwork is dead-on, no sprout.
* Out of box setup is great, especially considering a week in transit from CA->NJ. Almost perfectly in tune!
* It is light - I didn't throw it on a scale yet but it is lighter than my Axis
* I only got to play it for a few minutes since I'm still working, but it is very comfortable. I'd say the most noticeable difference is in the first fret or two (much more natural feeling for the guitar-player-turned-bassist, especially on octave fingering).
* The snappiness is really impressive

Overall - really happy with the out of box impressions. I can't wait to plug it in and go through everything! Also, there is a boost on the volume knob. I missed this when looking the listing over (I only focused on the controls and 3-way rotary, missed the boost part).

Goletasound

I just received mine - the Silver Shadow color (click on the picture in my avatar on the left). It's a great instrument - in sound, looks and finish. I have the same impressions as racerx's post above. But mine was not up to tune; I thought that was for shipping - but it came in 1 day from SLO to here in So Cal. It's lighter than my Sterling Short scale.
The tone is awesome, and I don't like comparing it to the Sterling, but it sounds great. They both do in fact. I haven't had the Sterling very long about 3 months, and I did gig with it, and it worked great. I just emailed Ernie Ball about 3 weeks ago I was interested in the short scale basses and they said new colors were coming out so when I checked I ordered it and I'm glad I did.

Last edited:
Top Bottom